WRS sick leave urgent help needed !!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5530 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am currently off work with work related stress for 4 weeks now, hoping to return in the next two weeks, however today at a departmental meeting my line manager spoke to a colleague of mine and said that it had been brought to her attention that I had been seen out in my car !! I suffer badly with anxiety/panic attacks as a result of a violence at work incident and have hardly been out at all except for doctor or therapist appointments and on odd occasions pushing myself to go out to the shop as I am becoming agrophobic, am I wrong, should I have stayed in the whole time ?

By her saying this knowing full well it would get back to me (my colleagues were undecided whether to tell me but felt I should know) I now feel even worse, I got very little support and this has just made things even more stressful for me.

As part of their sickness management apparently they have to come and see me but I would find this awful as well and have not as yet responded to this request as I was hoping to feel strong enough to deal with it shortly, I just feel so ill with it all.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am currently off work with work related stress for 4 weeks now, hoping to return in the next two weeks, however today at a departmental meeting my line manager spoke to a colleague of mine and said that it had been brought to her attention that I had been seen out in my car !! I suffer badly with anxiety/panic attacks as a result of a violence at work incident and have hardly been out at all except for doctor or therapist appointments and on odd occasions pushing myself to go out to the shop as I am becoming agrophobic, am I wrong, should I have stayed in the whole time ?

HELL NO!, so what if you have been seen out in your car?. Does your illness leave you housebound or bed ridden?, no, of course it doesnt!.

you can go out of your home any time you please wether at work or not, and dont let them tell you otherwise, they dont own you and have no right trying to dictate nythign to you.

By her saying this knowing full well it would get back to me (my colleagues were undecided whether to tell me but felt I should know) I now feel even worse, I got very little support and this has just made things even more stressful for me.

As part of their sickness management apparently they have to come and see me but I would find this awful as well and have not as yet responded to this request as I was hoping to feel strong enough to deal with it shortly, I just feel so ill with it all.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Your employer can request a home visit but this is by appointment ONLY, and it is completley up to you wether you admit them to your home or not.

In addition, they cannot force you to return to work until you are given the all clear by your doctor, neither can they insist that you attend anything other than an occupational health meeting at your workplace.

id be inclined to raise a written complaint about this person gossiping about you, and about them believing themselves to be able to dictate your comings and goings.

state that you are off work due to this violent incident and this gossip mongering is causing you furthur distress and you want it dealt with now, preferably sooner.

Thanks godpikachu for your reply, I did not think it sounded correct but it is just another uncaring and thoughtless action that has left me thinking I will never be able to go back but I have left it to long to do anything about the initial incident that has left me with this illness, it was over a year ago. Many thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there follow on to the above, I am returning to work on Monday having been off for some time the company have accommodated me with the changes I requested and was looking forward to getting back to normality but have I done wrong again or is this some sort of witch hunt.

I work as a lone worker from a small isolated office in the area that I cover, I arranged with the person who had been covering for me to meet with them this afternoon to get up to speed as to any important matters and to get the office keys.

When I arrived I was told that, she was not allowed to talk to me as I was off sick and been told just to leave me some notes and had been told to leave the keys through the letterbox (which I would not have known) and would have been unable to get into work on Monday.

I do not believe this has come from my line manager but from another colleague with no authority being "arsey" with me, but it has left me feeling anxious and upset again. I thought it would be good therapy for me and help me ease my way back in next week.

I have to go into the main office late on Monday morning to have my formal return to work interview and hand in my return to work Dr's note and I am absolutely dreading it.

I dont think you have done anything wrong, nor is this some kind of witch hunt - I think you are bang on when you say it is someone being "arsey".

Go back to work with a smile on your face, a spring in your step and F*** 'em if they can't take a joke :)