LittleMissFoolish vs CapOne

LittleMissFoolish
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Well my 40 days are up on Friday and I have not yet recieved my statements from Cap 1. I recieved a holding letter acknowledging my request about a week after sending it, but no action yet. What do I do if they have not sent my statements within the 40 days.

I am really keen to get them and start!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Eventually I recieved my statements and sent my first letter on the 12th September. My LBA was due to be sent on 26th September, but I have been out of the country for the last week, so haven't had a chance yet.

When I got home last night there was a letter waiting for me with the standard 'we believe are fees are fair', 'you signed the contract' but 'here is the difference between £20 and £12 for your claim offer'. I have claimed for £1050 and they are offering £414.

I am nervous about all the cases going to the Mercentile Court and worry that if I don't accept this I may risk not getting anything for along time.

So what do I do now?

1 - write my LBA and include a paragraph acknowledging their offer but only accepting as a partial settlement (is there a standard paragraph for this).

or 2 - accept the amount offered and whilst substantially less, it means there is no chance of the case going to moneyclaim and then being transferred to the Mercentile Court and me not getting for a long time and after a lot of hassle?

I am not a total wimp at this (I was succesful for a considerably larger claim against HSBC recently) but htis new turn of events is really worrying me.

Cheers,

LMF:confused:

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys,

Just to let you know where I am at....

Mcol for full amount (aroun £1300) went in on the 17th October and acknowledged on the 20th October. Haven't heard a peep from them yet and starting to get impatient as others are paid out around me. Finger nails dissappearing each night....

Quick question - do Cap 1 contact you directly or do they go via lawyers (this is what happened with my HSBC claim)?????

LittleMissFoolish

Hey Guys,

Just to let you know where I am at....

Mcol for full amount (aroun £1300) went in on the 17th October and acknowledged on the 20th October. Haven't heard a peep from them yet and starting to get impatient as others are paid out around me. Finger nails dissappearing each night....

Quick question - do Cap 1 contact you directly or do they go via lawyers (this is what happened with my HSBC claim)?????

LittleMissFoolish

I got to the same stage with Cap one dont worry they will pay the claim in full soon. Its to see who blinks first. They contacted me direct with the full amount.