Me vs (Un) Co-operative Bank

gribzig
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3842 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

An update - received a letter this morning from Hamptons legal, having ignored a stream of letters from Lowell who now own this debt. They state that as I am a homeowner they are now asessing what action to take and that it is 'very likely we will apply to the County Court for a Judgement against you.' Usual threats to 'consider the following: Applying for a Charging Order...Issuing a petition for bankruptcy' etc

This account as remained in dispute since the Co-op failed to provide the documentation as described in this thread and issued their illegal default notice. Should I now CCA Lowell again and inform Hamptons this account has been in dispute since 2009?

Thanks!

An update - received a letter this morning from Hamptons legal, having ignored a stream of letters from Lowell who now own this debt. They state that as I am a homeowner they are now asessing what action to take and that it is 'very likely we will apply to the County Court for a Judgement against you.' Usual threats to 'consider the following: Applying for a Charging Order...Issuing a petition for bankruptcy' etc

This account as remained in dispute since the Co-op failed to provide the documentation as described in this thread and issued their illegal default notice. Should I now CCA Lowell again and inform Hamptons this account has been in dispute since 2009?

Thanks!

If the original CCA request was unfulfilled, then there remains a valid dispute and it's unenforceable until such time as the request is complied with.

You could ignore them for the moment; Why should you help them when their admin is so poor? If they issue an SD you have grounds to set it aside. Similarly, a court claim wouldn't be enforceable without the CCA docs. On the other hand, you could just remind them that some four years after asking for it, you still don't have the docs and so the matter remains in dispute.