charges paid and managed loans

sarey331
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6497 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all,

i know im not the only one to have a managed loan with hsbc, so im wondering what has happened to any of you who have been successful in getting your money back? have they just used it to pay off your loans?

i only got this loan because they kept charging the bejesus out of me ujntil i could never get back in the black :(

any words of wisdom warmly welcomed

i was in same position as you twice i had an overdraft with bank twice they talked me into a managed loan both times about £800i am now starting to wonder as i have only just started on my quest if i should fight back on this as well as it was their charges that forced the loan

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

I have this to - i exceeded one of my overdrafts by £400 and wrote offering repayment of £50 per month to get it in check , they wrote back and said they would accept this but they were closing my credit card, removing both my overdrafts and would give me £1700 i had 10 days to sign or pay in full - i had no choice - i now pay £50 per month and interest is £28 per month - how is that helping me when i had an interest free overdraft before and now i'm paying these kind of interest rates? they have forced me into more debt in my opinion - but i guess there is nothin i can do about it :(

the also mark my credit file late as every month and i dont knwo why - its always paid on time via standing order

People who haven't made mistakes, haven't made anything!

i had a standard loan of around £1000 with hsbc, then i started on the slippery slope of an overdraft. only a small one because at the time i was on a low income and knew not to take on too much borrowing. however when the charges starting coming thick and fast for the smallest of excess transactions they let me go for months being charged to f*** then offered me the managed loan. when i say offered i mean they phrased it in terms that i could not refuse.

i didnt think at the time about interest rates and length of repayments etc etc but now i look back on it im quite sure they stand to make more money out of my financial misery than they would have done if they had reduced/suspended/refunded the charges they applied to my overdraft.

what im wondering now though is when (not if) they refund me my £750 charges, do they have the right to pay it into my managed loan account?

also im a tad confused, are these loans marked as a defualt or a negative record on credit history? they didnt tell me if that is the case.:mad:

the more i learn about this bank the less i want to know . :p

im a bit lucky in the fact that i have now paid off my managed loan so they can take any of mine for that but i have an overdraft so knowing them they will mysteriously want to take away the facility from me oh well still only a 900 od so i still walk away ok

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

i think if they do you can challenge it as its a different aggrement - after all if you put cash in your account they cant take it to pay off their loan - its the same thing if you ask me

People who haven't made mistakes, haven't made anything!

Hi

I recommend anyone who's had a managed loan look at the following:

janeyb v Lloyds - MASSIVE SETTLEMENT !!

in the Lloydstsb forum. She had to take out a 10k loan to pay off debts and added it to her original claim of approx 7k - she got it ALL back.

Debbie

Lloyds TSB - Subject Access Request for 2 accounts - 27/07/06

26/08/06 - statements received

29/08/06 - preliminary letter sent - account 1 owed £915 plus £70.90 interest = £985.90

account 2 owed £650 plus £79.99 interest = £729.99

18/09/06 - LBA sent - includes extra charges incurred

MCOL filed

Acknowledgement of Service - 04/12/2006

Copy of Lloyds Allocation questionnaire received 12/01/06

My AQ form received 30/01/06

HSBC - Subject Access Request - 27/07/06

05/08/06 statements received

08/08/06 - Preliminary letter - £1388 plus £128.69 interest = £1516.69

25/08/06 - received offer of £1200

29/08/06 - LBA sent

17/09/06 - MCOL submitted - £1875.65 (incl 8% int)

19/09/06 - Notice of Issue received

Full settlement