Exclusive Leather Sofas Cannock

Giggs1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5332 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was hoping for some advice. I have recently put a deposit on a sofa at ELS Cannock and came back home and did a search on the company (which I was advised by the salesman to do) only to find huge negative feedback. I am gutted I have placed the deposit and am due to put the final payment down shortly. I really don't think I want the sofa anymore after reading what a terrible feedback the company has from customers and the likely hassle I could experience. Do you know if I can pull out of paying the full amount now and get away with just loosing the deposit? I have looked at the paper I have signed and it states "This receipt forms a legal contract. Cancellations cannot be accepted and deposits not be refunded." I would be grateful for any advice or any reassurance if there is anyone out there that can give good feedback? Also is ELS in Bolton connected to the Birmingham and Cannock stores?

Thanks

Giggs:confused:

I am really concerned after reading all this negative feedback because this week I placed a deposit on a sofa in ELS and due to pay the balance this week. I really don't want to buy it now reading these awful reviews and certainly would not have ordered it seeing a number of negative complaints. Do you know if I can cancel my order and just loose the deposit. The paperwork says I cannot cancel the order as it is a legal contract- Do I have any legal rights? Is there anyone out there who has had satisfactory service from this company? Is this company linked to any other ELS stores other than the Birmingham and Cannock ones?

I would appreciate any advice

Giggs

• 1 month later...

Wow,

What a stoke of luck. I've recently visited ELS in Cannock and we'd seen a 3-piece suite that suited our requirements and the price seemed good as well. I was slightly concerned about the quality of the sample in the shop as it didn't seem that well made. The sales lady and man seemed very friendly and chatty - the lady could have eaten corn on the cob through a venetion blind ! But something didn't seem quite right as he quoted - 'most of our customers like to pay in full, in cash, as they place the order. We can then give them the best deal !'

However, we were about to drive over a do the deal when I decided to do a quick Google and hey presto ! Looks like we managed to save ourselves a lot of grief and £2500+ as well.

Anyway found another leather sofa comapny in Cannock called 'Leather By Design' - what a place, freindly, knowledgable staff with true quality items for sale. All sofa made here in the UK or in Italy. All items carry a 10 year guarantee free ! Strongly recommend them !

• 5 months later...

Hi all

great that we can share the information about so call companies that promise to deliver but fail once they have your money.

purchased a suite from ELS in Sept 2008, all ok until one day in March I noticed that the seat I was sitting on seemed to squeake when I pressed it down, I pulled the cushion out of the suite and took it to the shop for further analysis. The so called manager at the time stripped the leather covering off and unzipped the cushion, this revealed that the springs had collapsed. the manager explained that the cushion was faulty and that they would have to be replaced as the suite is under 1 year old and is covered by additional insurance. To cut a long story short

Each time iI rang the store over a 6 month period some one else would be dealing with the concern. In September after being promised that the cusions would be replaced in 2 to 3 weeks because the Italians manufacturers are on summer shut down, I wrote a letter to the manager explaining the situation. I have still not had a reply, even though I have contacted them several times.

Today I have spoke to them again (another person to the previous one)and they have tried to fob me off with the same story that the cushions are on order and that they will take 3-4 weeks before I see them

I have requested that this is confirmed in writing and should I not recieved this then I want a refund of my insurance premium and take my business elsewhere. is there any thing else that I can do to resolve this matter

Thanks for your help

Look forward to hearing from you. :x:confused: