The Lending Group/The Loan Supermarket

andymanx
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5342 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I telephoned The Lending Group/The Loan Supermarket in November 2008 and enquired about applying for a loan and during the call I was asked to provide my Bank Card Details for “security purposes”. At no point during the call was I told that any payment would be taken.

To my utter amazement, I noticed on my Halifax bank Statement that on 13 November 2008, they took £39.99 from my bank account, which was without my permission. To me this is a clear case of THEFT and obtaining money by deception which is FRAUD.

I sent them a letter in November saying that I want the payment returned to me via cheque or I shall be reporting the theft to the Police but they never replied.

I will be sending them another letter today advising they have 7 days to pay up or I will commence legal proceedings via www.moneyclaim.gov.uk.

I have learnt a valuable lesson from this to NEVER give out my card details, even if it is for "security purposes" and make sure that you don't give out yours either!!!

Edited by andymanx
stripping out the extra HTML coding that was showing

Check out the threads below for updates on the DCA's that I am dealing with.

GE Money/CL Finance/Howard Cohen & Co - AND - Aktiv Kapital/Appleton Massey Solicitors - IN COURT

Cabot x 2 for Vanquis & Hitatchi - DEFAULTED ON CCA REQUEST

Lowell for Capital One - CANCELLED DEBT!! Trying to get Default removed now

Moorcroft x 2 for Halifax Loan & Bank Account - RETURNED TO HALIFAX

Wescot for Halifax Bank Account - RETURNED TO HALIFAX

Cap Quest for Argos Card - RETURNED TO ARGOS

I telephoned The Lending Group/The Loan Supermarket in November 2008 and enquired about applying for a loan and during the call I was asked to provide my Bank Card Details for “security purposes”. At no point during the call was I told that any payment would be taken.

To my utter amazement, I noticed on my Halifax bank Statement that on 13 November 2008, they took £39.99 from my bank account, which was without my permission. To me this is a clear case of THEFT and obtaining money by deception which is FRAUD.

I sent them a letter in November saying that I want the payment returned to me via cheque or I shall be reporting the theft to the Police but they never replied.

I will be sending them another letter today advising they have 7 days to pay up or I will commence legal proceedings via www.moneyclaim.gov.uk.

I have learnt a valuable lesson from this to NEVER give out my card details, even if it is for "security purposes" and make sure that you don't give out yours either!!!

PLEASE EVERYONE READ

Do not wait for them to get back to you.

Go to everyone you can E.g. watch dog to get something done, they are not just doing it to you its thousands of other people.

They will never get back with a letter or pick up your phone call and if they do they LIE.

Please if enough people get in touch with watchdog something WILL be done. And everyone will have their money back and the b'as'ards will be locked up where they belong.

YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME RINGING OR SENDING A LETTER

Edited by alex809

[problem]! The Loan Supermarket/The Lending Group [problem]!

AKA: CARTER AND CARTER

If anybody has applied for a loan through this company. You have probably had from £39.99 - £349.99 taken out of your bank account for a one off 'administration fee'.

All the people they 'rob' off are asked to give their bank details - long digit on your card number and your 3 digit security code. You are told this is for 'security' OR 'validation/verification'

After giving these details - which most people do not question to give out - which is understanding - as the websites of the company look legitimate and very professional. You are then told there is an administration fee ranging from £49.99 to £149.99 which they take off you as soon as you put the phone down. I do not know how they work out how much your 'application' will cost to process but the most they can get the better. (Commision based) - even if you change your mind after giving details of your account or you want to have a think about the loan you have applied for. They will STILL take your money.

They send you NO paperwork

If your loan has been declined you are told you are entitled to your money back. And you have an every right as it is your money.

No matter how many letters you send or phone calls you make you will never get your money back. The people on the phones are not there to help you but to simply make money out of you and others.

This is theift and it needs to be stopped. Thousands of people are getting robbed and 'fobbed off' when they try and do something about it.

STOP wasting your time and money on phone calls and letters and go to BBC's watchdog, consumer direct, police.

WAYS TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK

Another option may be to approach your bank. They may be able to do an IMDEMNITY CLAIM and refund your money, then their retail fraud team would investigate and claim the money back from the company.

Their is ALOT of negative feedback on the internet about theloansupermarket many people have contacted watchdog, and from what I've read there has been interest from the BBC to investigate what is going on here. If enough people do this maybe it will push them to take action...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/ ....just click on the 'Got a Story' link to tell them what has happened to you.

The Office of Fair Trading also has a tool to uncover scams...https://secure.consumerdirect.gov.uk.....follow this link and tell them your story.

the more people that do this SOMETHING WILL BE DONE.

FOR ADDRESSES AND NUMBERS GO TO | Carter & Carter Financial |

KIND REGARDS AND GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE.

LETS GET THESE PEOPLE LOCKED UP.

Edited by alex809

Thanks guys for your help and info.

I would never usually give out my details willy nilly but I was so stressed at the time with money worries, etc that the stress took over my common sense. :eek:

I will post the letter here shortly, that I will be sending them with a Draft County Court Claim Form attached and if they dont return the money, then I start proceedings against the robbing bunts. :lol:

I will also draft up a letter tomorrow, that I will be sending to the OFT and Watchdog. Is it worth reporting it to The Police? And what about Companies House, as someone suggestion sending it to them too?

Edited by andymanx
additions

GE Money/CL Finance/Howard Cohen & Co - AND - Aktiv Kapital/Appleton Massey Solicitors - IN COURT

COPY OF PREVIOUS LETTER:

Andy Manx's Address

15 November 2008

New Mansion House

First Floor

173-191

Wellington Road South

Stockport

Greater Manchester

SK1 3UA

THEFT – BY YOUR COMPANY

Dear Sir/Madam

I telephoned you recently and enquired about applying for a loan and during the call I was asked to provide my Bank Card Details for “security purposes”. At no point during the call was I told that any payment would be taken.

To my utter amazement, I noticed on my Halifax bank Statement (copy enclosed) that on 13 November 2008, you took £39.99 from my bank account, which was without my permission. This is a clear case of THEFT and obtaining money by deception which is FRAUD.

I want this payment returned to me via cheque or I shall be reporting the theft to the Police.

Yours Faithfully

Andy Manx

======================================================

COPY OF LETTER TO BE SENT TODAY:

Andy Manx's Address

27 February 2009

New Mansion House

First Floor

173-191

Wellington Road South

Stockport

Greater Manchester

SK1 3UA

FINAL DEMAND – BY RECORDED DELIVERY

Dear Sir/Madam

Further to my letter dated 15 November 2008 (copy enclosed), you have failed to send me a cheque for the amount of £39.99 which you STOLE from me.

I hereby give you notice that if I do not receive a cheque for the amount of £39.99, within the next 7 days (from the date of this letter), I will not hesitate to commence legal proceedings against you via www.moneyclaim.gov.uk (copy enclosed of draft Claim Form) and will also report the matter to the Police, The Office of Fair Trading and Companies House.

Yours Faithfully

Andy Manx

45396362.png

46867698.png

Edited by andymanx
duplicate

Is the second letter and what I have wrote on the Draft County Court Claim Form, okay?

Is the part in blue below correct?

The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year, from 13 November 2008 to 7 March 2009 of £39.99 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £0.0087978

I tried doing an Imemnity Claim with the bank but computer said no (cough).

I posted it recorded today anyways.

My letter has been signed for on 4 March and the 7 days deadline is up today. Maybe I will extend it to next Wednesday and then they have had exactly a week from when they received the letter.

UPDATE: Before I issued a claim in the Small Claims Court to get my money back, I rang the thieving gypsy biatches yesterday a total of 40+ times and the first 30 times, when I asked to speak to the Manager I was either cut off or placed in a never-ending queue. I didn't mind though as I am off from work until Sunday and was using their freephone number and was quite happy to keep hitting the redial button until I got through to a Manager! :razz:

The last 10 times, I spoke to the same lady (who said she was called Sarah) who said that a cheque was on its way to me for £34.99 and that under the Credit Consumer Act, they are allowed to keep £5.00 for the work that they have done.

I explained to her several times that I hadn't asked them to do any work and that I gave my bank details as they said at the time that they needed them for "security purposes" and at no point did I give my permission for any payment to be taken and that I wanted the full refund of £39.99.

She just kept repeating the same thing about they can keep £5.00 blah, blah, blah and she said she could get a Manager to call me back, to which I replied that I didn't trust them with my telephone number as god knows what they would do with it, as when I had provided them with my Bank details, they had already stole from me.

She then said that she had my telephone number and other details about me (such as income, DOB, etc) on file and started quoting them to me!!

I then advised her that I was now also reporting her for breaking the Data Protection Act as she had quoted confidential details about my account without asking me any security questions and for all she knew I could be an imposter.

She then tried to deny that she had quoted any details to me and when I told her that the call had been recorded, she hung up.

A few more calls to her later proved fruitful and I got to speak to the Admin Manager - Lee Davies, who had miraculously teleported into the office, after I was told on a few occasions that he wasn't in the office.

Lee said that he was going to reprimand Vicky for breaking Data Protection Act rules. (But she told me her name was Sarah!!!)

He said that if I wanted to dispute them keeping the £5.00, that I would have to email him at [email protected] and he would sort it out for me, to which I replied that if he looked at my previous two letters that he would see that I was requesting a full refund of £39.99 as they had stolen it from me and that I had never asked for any work to be done.

He said its only £5.00 and I told him, yes £5.00 of the £39.99 which you didn't have permission to take in the first place.

He told me that they had done work for me and I said that I haven't received any paperwork whatsoever from them.

He then told me that I should have contacted them to say I hadn't received the paper work, to which I asked how would I know that the paperwork hadn't arrived as I had never asked you to do any work for me in the first place. He never replied to that one.

I also told him that I had read on a Consumer website (here) all about them stealing others money and he said that everyone that has posted about them are their competitors who are only trying to discredit them. YEAH RIGHT!!!

I await a reply to my email and also my FULL refund. I ain't letting this one go. :evil:

Edited by andymanx

hey hey. my girlfriend has had a very similar story but she applied for a loan and lost £49.99. now they give her the run around and wont give it back. have you had any joy with this claim? will you definately get your money back? or can they just ignore it like they do with everything else? have you thought about one of those "we claim our costs from the other side" lawyers? looks like you have looked into all the leagal stuff, and thanks for sharing. perhaps you can help another battler with theese rip off merchents

hey hey. my girlfriend has had a very similar story but she applied for a loan and lost £49.99. now they give her the run around and wont give it back. have you had any joy with this claim? will you definitely get your money back? or can they just ignore it like they do with everything else? have you thought about one of those "we claim our costs from the other side" lawyers? looks like you have looked into all the legal stuff, and thanks for sharing. perhaps you can help another battler with theese rip off merchents

The first avenue of action to follow is that your girlfriend needs to contact her bank where the payment came from and tell them that she never authorised the payment and wants to do an "indemnity Claim", which basically means that the bank will investigate the matter and hopefully refund the money back to her bank account, in full.

Let me know who she gets on with this and if no joy, I will show you how to claim a refund from them.

You will also find the thread @ http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payday-loans/175764-lending-group.html VERY interesting.

I still haven't received a refund and I had the following email waiting for me in response to me demanding the additional £5 back too:

Subject: RE: Lee Davies (Admin Mgr) - response required via email by 2pm today.

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 15:04:51 +0000

To:

Dear

In regards of your e-mail requesting the amount of £39.99, your account is under dispute with the head office and it will take upto 7-14working days.

Mnay thanks

Alesha

I was so p-d off that I contacted my Bank and asked them why they wont refund me as I never authorised the money to be taken from my account and they have asked me to re-submit an Indemnity Claim and they will look at the issue again. So fingers crossed.

Have you made a complaint to your local Trading Standards, the OFT & the Information Commissioner yet?

Have a read through this too http://www.complaintsboard.com/?search=tlg

Looking at some of the complaints Carter & Carter AKA The Lending Group/The Loan Supermarket make multiple debits from peoples accounts, so you need to get your bank to stop it happening to you.

Edited by cerberusalert

Have you made a complaint to your local Trading Standards, the OFT & the Information Commissioner yet?

No, not yet but will do sometime this week as have 5 days off now.

Have a read through this too http://www.complaintsboard.com/?search=tlg
Thanks for that! I will store it and add it to my new site which I am making all about The Lending Group, etc.

Looking at some of the complaints Carter & Carter AKA The Lending Group/The Loan Supermarket make multiple debits from peoples accounts, so you need to get your bank to stop it happening to you.

I contacted them once and they declined my claim but I contacted them again and they said to resubmit it, which I have done a few days ago. Fingers crossed!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.. I had 399,99 Pounds taken out of my account last week by that same company. I had asked them several times whether they would take any money from me and they repeatedly said no.. Five minutes after I hung up and told them I didn't want to go on with the application, my bank account was emptied. I called them more than a hundred times and when I finally got through to a lady called Sarah, she insulted me and said the money was for all the work they had done for me. Before I could say anything more, she hung up.. I have now reported the company to watchdog, consumer direct, Trading STandards and OFT and have filed a report with the police. The company now has 7 days to refund the money, otherwise more action will be taken.. I can't believe that I have been so stupid - must be my german way of trusting that no contract can be made over the phone, guess England is different..

So, for now I hope to get my money back soon.. as 399 pounds to me is a lot of money and I will not stop until I have the money back..

:!::!:hi all,

it is so sad to read about the number of people who have been messed around by this fake rip-off set of a company,

at a time when the FSA has made Treating Customers Failry a compulsory code of practice, these people think they are beyond this.

my situation with these b*s*a*r*ds is the same as most on here.

in Oct they phoned by as Loan Supermarket, sounded like money supermarket when they called me, and for security check they took my card details and charged £39.99, and i was accepted for a loan, paperwork to follow, a few weeks later and nothing happened and i had no details for them.

then in dec, carter and carter financial phoned me, and went through the same, and this time as a security check took the details and charged me £149.99.

so i took a number from this lot,

i started to chase them up as i got nothing through for the 2nd loan (not even the st one 2 montor the fhs later).

when ever i phoned, "its the christmas rush and holidays please wait and the loan will come through", this went on to mid Jan, and then it turned in to a back log of paper work.

now it was feb, so i wanted to get my money back, and was told to speak with admin, i did, and was then told by admin to write in.

so i did,

i then started to phone them and was told we are woking the complaint and your account is in dispute.

i then continued to phone on a regualr basis, and same thisng, kept getting through to a girl called shaz, think she is the only one who works there. as they are always busy and no one ever answers the phone.

now, in april, i still dont have my money or the fckin loans!!!!!! not that i want them any more...

so, i phone again and again.. after a week i got through and was told my account is in dispute still!!!!!!

i am not getting anywhere close to a refund or seeing my money back in my account.

so i will now be using some of these links to post some nice letters. and i will phone mr Iky to speak with him.

I am asain myself, but these kind of idiot paki's who think they can set these companies up and get away with it, have another thing coming.

i will issue a small claim under the small claims and see where they go.

all please report to the ombudsman, i have.

report to watch dog

the fsa

local trading standards.. and any one else..

i really want to get a group tpgether to do a friendly protest at mansion house.. stockport is not far..

lets sort this sham of a company.:x:!::!::!::mad::mad::confused::confused::eek::eek::?::?:

• 4 weeks later...

After enquiring about a loan I gave them my bank details as they said for security purposes and identifacation, they said no money would be taken, the same day the took out £599, i rang them and they said it was an error and I will get my money in 6 months, so I went crazy and they said would refund in 28 days, I went to the bank to complained as there was only £400 in my bank and they gave an automatic overdraft which I did not no about to make up the £599 charge, the bank have given my money back straight away after kicking off about going to watchdog and Bank onbusman, I did report to police but they will do nothing as it is down to the bank to report as the money was stolen from the bank. I will still report to watchdog and companies house.

Please do not deal with this company as they are Thieves

• 4 weeks later...

I have had £299 taken by them, can we not all get together some how and tackle this en-mass? Surley if we approached Watchdog etc as an army, they would take it seriously? I'm not sure how exactly to do it, perhaps a facebook group or something, I would be happy to set one up, unless there is a better plan? Please let me know what you think. Robin

Hi all,

I have just red the following post on TLG loans Complaints - unortharized charge - I dont know what this means with regards to getting our money back now though?!?

HELLO ALL TLG USERS

I AM A RELIABLE SOURCE OF INFORMATION.

I USED TO WORK AT TLG LOANS UNTIL VERY RECENTLY, THREE DAYS AGO ACTUALLY. I LEFT BECAUSE I DID NT FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH HOW THE COMPANY WAS BEING RUN.

I CAN TELL YOU HONESTLY NOW, I WORKED IN ADMIN AND EVEN THE STAFF WERE LIED TO ABOUT HOW THIS COMPANY WAS RUN.

THE COMPANY HAS JUST BEEN SHUT DOWN. TODAY.

PEOPLE HAVE BEEN ARRESTED AND THE COMPANY IS BEING INVESTIGATED FOR FRAUD.

EVERYONE REPORT YOUR CASE TO TRADING STANDARDS AND GET YOUR MONEY BACK.

THIS COMPANY IS BEING BROUGHT TO JUSTICE I PROMISE.

• 3 months later...

I am also, ashamedly, an ex employee of the company. I worked at the loan supermarket for about 2 weeks until I realised what a bunch of thieving ----ers they really are. The bosses were complete tossers and I hope they've been locked up. GOOD RIDDANCE!