parking fine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5567 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys hope you can shed some light on this. My wife gained a parking ticket from a private contractor:|

My wife today parked in a street. This street is part of a complex run of streets that provide parking bays for the residents of the town houses.

Now there are 2 red signs on the way into the street speaking of contactual agreements and such.

1. She did not park in a bay but on a the road

2. They have ticked unathorised parking, no displayed permit, obstructive parking.

3. They have not recorded the time of the offense.

4. I am the registered keeper not her.

5. There are no yellow lines or signs along the street and only 3 signs are visable 2 on the entrance and 1 right down at the bottom of the street.

Ive read the sticky about not responding till they do but im worried that this will end up in court or something and lots of hassles

What do you think please ?

The name of the company is Norhtern parking solutions.

First of all, this is not a fine, but an unenforceable invoice.

A PPC has no power to issue a fine, only the courts issue fines.

A PPC has no power to demand information from you as to who, what, why and when.

The advice is;

Do not pay,

Do not contact

Do not post anything in any forum which will help identify any personal details from your post.

From now on remember that;

Careless talk can cost ££££'s

thanks I would not ever give any details about myself or my car or the address. But thanks for the reminder of that.

So ignore.

When they write follow the templates as a guide.

Has anyone actually ended up in court for this in these forumns ?

The use of the term 'street' and lack of info as to who the issuing entity is would worry me until it is known. There may be private parking bays that are enforced by contractors, but if the council has not given up its claim to the highway (street), then it may NOT be a private parking ticket. DO NOT IGNORE until you have discovered what it is you have.

The use of the term 'street' and lack of info as to who the issuing entity is would worry me until it is known. There may be private parking bays that are enforced by contractors, but if the council has not given up its claim to the highway (street), then it may NOT be a private parking ticket. DO NOT IGNORE until you have discovered what it is you have.

Good advise Buzby, but as the OP stated that it's Northern Parking Solutions, I'd asume it was safe to ignore!

JOgs

Hi guys hope you can shed some light on this. My wife gained a parking ticket from a private contractor:|

My wife today parked in a street. This street is part of a complex run of streets that provide parking bays for the residents of the town houses.

Now there are 2 red signs on the way into the street speaking of contactual agreements and such.

1. She did not park in a bay but on a the road

2. They have ticked unathorised parking, no displayed permit, obstructive parking.

3. They have not recorded the time of the offense.

4. I am the registered keeper not her.

5. There are no yellow lines or signs along the street and only 3 signs are visable 2 on the entrance and 1 right down at the bottom of the street.

Ive read the sticky about not responding till they do but im worried that this will end up in court or something and lots of hassles

What do you think please ?

The name of the company is Norhtern parking solutions.

Sorry but again I have to say I think you're getting bad advice. While it is very very unlikely that your case will end up in court, my own personal opinion is that there is always a merit in replying and outloning the defence in the event that matters should go that far. If something ends up in court the defendant with the strongest position will be the one who has outlined his case at the earliest opportunity and made his dispute clear. This makes claiming costs (it does happen on the small claims track) easier and more likely to succeed. It alsoadds weight to any argument you make to the judge as you demonstrate that you have made every effort to resolve matters by providing a basis for refusal.

If you're the keeper then the PPC is going t write to you. They're going to tell you that your vehicle was parked in the circumstances you described above. They're going to ask for £X.

Your reply should be that you are the registered keeper. You understand that their allegation is that the driver has entered a contract with them and that they make a further allegation that the driver has breached the same as detailed above. You should confirm for them that you were categorically not the driver on the day in question and that there is no obligation upon you to provide them with the details of whoever was drivng (any suggesion that you are under such an obligation in these circumstances is completely and absolutely wrong in fact and law). You may care to make a point that you are aware that the keeper cannot, in law, in such circumstances, be vicariously lible and that any suggestion to the contrary will be considered to be a misrepresentation per the fraud act and will be treated as an attempt to defraud. You should tell them that you consider the matter closed and that you are not prepared to enter into further correspondence about this. You should tell them that this is your final answer and that they have no further cause to contact you save to confirm their closure of the matter or issue county court papers. It would also do to remind them that their further efforts to contact you will be considered to be harassment and that you will take action in such an event.

As for the rest? Let me know how they respond.

P

There would be a big difference if it was a council ticket but as its an invoice from a PPC then the general advice would be to ignore.

What will happen if you ignore is that NPS will send you a further letter then possibly pass it to a DCA who will send another letter or two and then give up. These letters will threaten all sorts of unfounded nonsense such as baliffs etc and will be probably be marked 'final' then 'final,final'...... It is your choice to correspond with them however, but most people ignore as most PPCs will think that you will be wavering into paying and pester you even more.

It would also be highly unlikely that if you should choose to appeal that you would win as almost all are rejected as PPC's appeals processess are done 'in house' so only one outcome! Hope thats helped a bit and best wishes :)

'Council' tickets can (and are) also issued by private contractors - I believe in Edinburgh their tickets are (or were) issued by NCP, so before a cursory glance commits a ticket to the bin, it is often worthwhile doing a bit more research.

I'm unaware of PPC tickets having any point in a 'street' especially one designated as part of the public highway.

Update:

The first 6 m of the estate are adopted by the council after this it is private land.

The signs are at the entrance to the streets and are actually located adjacent to the adopted road and not in the estate.

Trading standars have said that they have put the signs up and the only way it will be resolved is by a jude in court.

Thanks

Update:

The first 6 m of the estate are adopted by the council after this it is private land.

The signs are at the entrance to the streets and are actually located adjacent to the adopted road and not in the estate.

Trading standars have said that they have put the signs up and the only way it will be resolved is by a jude in court.

Thanks

So, are you paying them?

Jogs

Street name signs can be put at the entrance to any road, private or already adopted - On private roads this is normally done anyway by the developer wether the road is going to be adopted by the Council or not. In other words the presence of street name signs doesn't denote wether a road is adopted or private .

Take the advice on here as I did, Do not pay, ignore anything they send you and tell your wife to spend the money on something nice instead.

i mean entering into a contract warning signs not street signs

Sorry, got the wrong end of the stick.

Anyway, still don't pay. Check with trading standard on the connection with them & the PPC. I worked for a local Authority & most of the time they go ahead with schemes without looking into the legal aspect & then get tripped up later on.