style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5575 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i've recentley started renting new house and on tuesday someone came to look person X who's been living there before, and he owns council tax all together £1848, my housemate explained him that he's not living here anymore, but he ketp pushing and came in. My housemate didn't know about bailiffs and their tactics, so to get rid of him he printed one made up name on his paper. They left papers, what says they'll be back in 4 days time(that's tomorrow) and they got form of walking in possession and notice of seizure of goods and inventory. List of inventory is unreadable and i'm not sure they displayed their ID.

What i want to ask is, what rights they have, because that person they are looking are long gone. And how can i stop that situation.

Thanks

There are so many complaints about this company so you need to be very careful indeed. Personally, I would contact the police and tell them what has happened because from experience in our company this could turn out to be very difficult.

This "company" are actually Merton Councils in house bailiff team.

Merton are the councils inhouse bailiffs, a rather dubious bunch if you have a read about on the forum.

If I was you I would contact Merton Council and inform them that you are new tenants, they will probably want proof I.D, rental agreement etc.

After you have got the bailiffs off your back, you may also wish to consider making a formal complaint about the bailiffs actions to the LA (local authority) and more importantly your local MP, if you dont get a satisfactory response from the LA then complain to the local government ombudsman. You could also consider making a Form 4 complaint about the bailiff to the court that certified him.

Forgot to say , they have no rights what so ever!...this isnt your debt and even if it was a bailiff isnt allowed to force entry into a property, they have to gain entry via peaceful means.

Edited by scatz1972
added a bit

They are among the worst of a very bad bunch.

I suggest you get tomtubby's help, because you will almost certainly have good grounds to complain to the court.

Ring the bailiff and ask him to spell his name, and the name of his colleague, unless you've already got their names.

The wpa is worthless unless it's signed by the debtor, they only have the right to force entry if they have gained peaceful entry to the home of the debtor.

You must put all this in writing, in an emotionless and objective style