Claims Financial?

andynsue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4557 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone,

i dont know if anyone can help me but i have used claims financial to reclaim a ppi sold to me by firstplus,(mistake).

i have received a letter saying they have won my case after it was referred to the fso,i have a total refund of £9129.

after talking to a reprosentative from claims financial via telephone it seems they are in receipt of a cheque in my name for £2200 witch is the amount of payments i have currently made to date.

the rest has been took of my loan.

claims financial are trying to charge me 25% of all future payments that obviously will not be made now.

please tell me if im wrong but it seems to me that the refund is actually £2200 and they should have 25% of that.

they aren trying to charge me £2621 which is more than they have got me back,they say they have saved me money because my loan payments have dropped slightley because the ppi has been cancelled.(i could of cancelled it myself with one letter,)

i am in a poor financial position at the moment like alot of people due to lack of work and only made this claim as i was led to beleive that i could get some extra cash and would not of bothered if i had of known this could happen, non of this has ever been made clear to me ,although i am sure it will be in the fantastic small print.i am in no position to pay this bill and nor due i want to as i feel i have been miss-led.

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!

Hi fannywaggler , welcome to the forum

If you read back through this thread it may give you some ideas , especially the advice by Marcrec in posts #22 and #23

they really are the pits these people .... try not to let them get away with it !

come back if you need more help ...someone will answer ...and we're user -friendly on here ....:-)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Note for Consumer Champ : re above :

Would you care to try justifying this one ? :x

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

hi,

you can always make complaint against unfair charges to claimsregulation, because Claim Financial's charges are unfair.

Thanks

Hi Thanks for the reply i will try and claim the charges plus they have some of my cheques they are refucing to pass on

• 4 weeks later...

hi eveyone ,

just a quick update on my situation,

i sent a letter to claims financial explaining that i thought the amount they were charging me was unfair and that i could not pay it,and that i feel i have been miss- lead.

30 text messages and 15 answerphone messages chasing up my bill later,i finally received a response saying they have got my letter and will respond in no more than 28 days.

since then i have received several more phone calls and texts from them still wanting payment,and to top it of i am now getting calls and letters from a debt collection unit called bowden godoseth,they have given me 7 days to pay the bill or a further £150+vat will be added to the bill.

NOW I AM REALLY ****ED OFF.

DO THESE PEOPLE NOT COMMUNICATE.

i have now decided that no matter what i am not going to pay this bill,after taking advise from people i have realised that because of my finacial situation i am willing to go to court as i have nothing to lose.

worse case for me is court finds in c/f favour and i end up paying it back at maybe £5 a week.

worse case for them is court finds they are ripping me off and i pay nothing,and then i will spread this info all over the internet so that anyone who has been charged the same can then go after them.

but i would still be grateful for any more advise. THANKS ALL.

I'd say you're going in the right direction FW ...but have you reported them to the Min of Justice as suggested by MarRec in #23 ? It may be a good idea and you can let CF know you've done it .... and any DCA's that come out of the gutter .....

Nemo me impune lacessit

hi again johnnymitch,i will report them to ministry of justice as you have suggested,i think your right and would be a good move.

i have just got of the phone with debt collectors, i am ........................ fumiing!.

surely they dont have the legal right to withold a cheque that is in my name,what do you think?

in fact i am going to call firstplus myself and see whether they will issue me! with another cheque.

I HATE THESE PEOPLE

Avoid this awful company at all costs. Put simply,they will make your financial situation worse. I just wish I had done my research and avoided them at all costs. I won back bank charges totally just over £300 now they want £165? They are charging me a cancellation fee off over £500 for a PPI claim I never wanted to do,an oversight on my behalf when i filled there forms in incorrectly. Because of my refusal to pay such a disgusting amount of money they are now threatening me with debt collection agencies and court action. They are fully aware I am unemployed but don't give a damn and persist with non stop calls and letters,which cause untold stress. Because of all this I have to seek legal advise and report them to the Ministry of Justice. I just hope some people read this thread and avoid making the same mistake I did. Put simply,this company could ruin you financially and the mental torment they heap on you is just as bad. Don't bother calling them,the support stuff are useless,rude and uncaring. Don't bother emailing them cos the replies when sent are just total gibberish designed to stress you out even more. Claim back your charges using template letters and advice from CAB. I had to learn the hard way. Hopefully,more people who have dealt with this [problem] of a company will make a stand and post on such forums so as to stop other people being taken in by such a ruthless and greedy company. I will continue my fight with this company and not give up. Put Simply-AVOID AT ALL COSTS CLAIMS FINANCIAL COS THEY WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE TEN TIMES WORSE!!

• 2 weeks later...

We have had the same problem, they won some money for us which was taken off the credit card and not given to us! Then we got a bill for about £900 which they "agreed" to let us pay over 6 months.

Now after 6 hard months, they always took extra money when they felt like it! They never gave any back when they ha taken extra that month, which left us short, or should I say shorter!

Then icing on the foul cake they are still taking money of us even tho we have paid them, and low behold we can't through to them, and when we do it will rake months to get it back. And the bank tells me that because they put it through as a card payment they can't stop it!!

Ahhhhhhh they are awful people!!!!!

Hi Sarah , welcome to the forum :)

Report them to the Ministry of Justice , the more people who do this ,, the better , as someone will have to sit up and take notice .....

Also , try writing to your bank , recorded delivery , or hand in the letter and get a receipt for it ...... telling them that they are NOT to allow any more payments to be made to this shower , the bank has no right to pay YOUR money to anyone without your authority ... if they say that the card is your authority ... tell them in writing to rescind it ...... that it is withdrawn with immediate effect ........

See how you get on with that ..... and of course come back and ask if you need further help ...it may not be me , but someone will answer .............. best of luck :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

• 1 month later...

i LOVED claiming with claims financial, they worked BRILLIANTLY for me, i didnt receive all of these tests emails and letters like everyone keeps saying but maybe thats because i actually paid my invoice straight away,so maybe you should just do the same.

i got all my ppi back I LOVE THEM FOR IT!:lol:

• 6 months later...

I'm grateful for this forum because I might have made the mistake that so many have made of using Claims Financial for PPI reclaim. I contacted them and they sent me the form, which they followed up with several calls, but I decided to research them performance online before filling the forms. Thank God I did and thanks to everyone who is posting their concerns here so that others can avoid the crazy pitfalls.

My problem is that I have several companies to claim PPI and bank charges from, including First Plus and I feel overwhelmed. Does anyone know of any decent company out there that I can use or do I just struggle and do all of them myself? If I chose to do the claims myself, is there anyone on this forum who has successfully claimed and can offer step by step guidance please? I have twice attempted to claim back bank charges using the templates provided online, but both times the bank said they had correctly made the charges and would not be refunding me any money. I don't want to go through this again and prefer to pay a percentage to some honest company to make the claims for me if this would ensure some success.

Help someone

Hi Jimi T-Jey , welcome to the forum ... :-)

If you separate your claims into PPI and Bank Charges you'll find it easier to manage .. I , personally , would say if you've got the time do the claims yourself ..

I'd start with PPI bcause banks etc are paying out at a great rate of knots on this at the moment . Have a read of the recent PPI threads...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?111-Payment-Protection-Insurance-(PPI)

I think you'll find it's easier to claim than you thought , without going through a company who may rip you off big time .. you just tell them what you think they owe you .. and ask for it back .. with 8% Statutory Interest ...

Open a thread for yourself on the PPI forum and just ask for advice .. someone will answer .. and it won't cost you a penny :-)

As for bank charges .,, they're at a bit of a standstill at the moment ... but . nothing ventured nothing gained .. doesn't hurt to ask ...

Nemo me impune lacessit

My loan of £34,000 started in December 2004, which is just over six years ago, and I paid it off in September 2007, less than six years ago. I also had credit cards which started more than six years ago and paid off and cancelled in September 2007. Are these claims valid or have I lost the money?

Just take it a step at a time Jimi -TJey , , use the PPI website, open a thread for yourself , ask for advice on template letters etc .,and you should be fine. Be aware the banks may try to discourage you at first ... and put you off ... they have 12 weeks to deal with your claim from the date of your first letter ... make sure they stick to it .. .if they don't , a threat to bring in the Financial Ombudsman should do it... because it costs the banks (I think It's about £400) for each complaint , whether it's upheld or not ... :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

• 1 month later...

Johnnymitch, I would like to express my appreciation of your advice and encouragement to make my own PPI claims. Just to encourage those who may be considering using solicitors to make the claims on their behalf, I will tell my experience. In mid October, using an online claim form, I started with First Plus with whom I had had a large-ish amount of loan for two years before making an early settlement. A week after mailing my form, they wrote to me promising to respond to my claim by 25th November, and about two weeks later they wrote again to say they were still going to respond as they had promised. Yesterday, 11th November, I got a letter awarding me nearly £9,000, which includes interest, which solicitors will tell you that you will not get if you don't get their help. First Plus has exceeded my expectations with their efficiency in this matter. The beauty of this is that I will not be sharing my money with some greedy solicitor for completing a very simple form with information that they would have obtained from me. This experience has been easy, straight forward and stress free. I have now completed and sent out two more forms to Santander and Barclays :-)

Thank you johnnymitch for your advice and encouragement to make my claims myself. I have just been awarded £9,000 from First Plus and have launched two others. The experience has been very positive as the process was quick, simple and stress free. I'd encourage anyone who needs to make a PPI claim to do it themselves or ask a friend for help instead of using some greedy solicitor who will frustrate you and finally take a huge slice off your cake.