• Tweets

• What do you guys think the chances are for her?   She followed the law, they didnt, then they engage in deception, would the judge take kindly to being lied to by these clowns? If we have a case then we should proceed and not allow these blatant dishonest cheaters to succeed 
    • I have looked at the car park and it is quite clearly marked that it is  pay to park  and advising that there are cameras installed so kind of difficult to dispute that. On the other hand it doesn't appear to state at the entrance what the charge is for breaching their rules. However they do have a load of writing in the two notices under the entrance sign which it would help if you could photograph legible copies of them. Also legible photos of the signs inside the car park as well as legible photos of the payment signs. I say legible because the wording of their signs is very important as to whether they have formed a contract with motorists. For example the entrance sign itself doe not offer a contract because it states the T&Cs are inside the car park. But the the two signs below may change that situation which is why we would like to see them. I have looked at their Notice to Keeper which is pretty close to what it should say apart from one item. Under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 Section 9 [2]a] the PCN should specify the period of parking. It doesn't. It does show the ANPR times but that includes driving from the entrance to the parking spot and then from the parking place to the exit. I know that this is a small car park but the Act is quite clear that the parking period must be specified. That failure means that the keeper is no longer responsible for the charge, only the driver is now liable to pay. Should this ever go to Court , Judges do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person so ECP will have their work cut out deciding who was driving. As long as they do not know, it will be difficult for them to win in Court which is one reason why we advise not to appeal since the appeal can lead to them finding out at times that the driver  and the keeper were the same person. You will get loads of threats from ECP and their sixth rate debt collectors and solicitors. They will also keep quoting ever higher amounts owed. Do not worry, the maximum. they can charge is the amount on the sign. Anything over that is unlawful. You can safely ignore the drivel from the Drips but come back to us should you receive a Letter of Claim. That will be the Snotty letter time.
    • please stop using @username - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread inc you gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.  
    • he Fraser group own Robin park in Wigan. The CEO's email  is  [email protected]
    • Yes, it was, but in practice we've found time after time that judges will not rule against PPCs solely on the lack of PP.  They should - but they don't.  We include illegal signage in WSs, but more as a tactic to show the PPC up as spvis rather than in the hope that the judge will act on that one point alone. But sue them for what?  They haven't really done much apart from sending you stupid letters. Breach of GDPR?  It could be argued they knew you had Supremacy of Contact but it's a a long shot. Trespass to your vehicle?  I know someone on the Parking Prankster blog did that but it's one case out of thousands. Surely best to defy them and put the onus on them to sue you.  Make them carry the risk.  And if they finally do - smash them. If you want, I suppose you could have a laugh at the MA's expense.  Tell them about the criminality they have endorsed and give them 24 hours to have your tickets cancelled and have the signs removed - otherwise you will contact the council to start enforcement for breach of planning permission.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Returning To The Uk Facing Bankruptcy?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5566 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I've not posted here for a long time.

Basically I've got myself into a complete mess, and yes some of it is my stupid fault. I'm not proud of it, but i am where i am.

I've read similar posts but not quite as complicated as mine.. and havent found any answers either.

I'll try and explain without going into war and peace.. and I'd really appreciate some constructive advise from anyone who may have been in a similar situation or might be able to offer some advise.

So, 2 years ago I decided to leave England for a new life and new business in Spain.

At that point a had 2 x credit cards with approx 5000 each, which i couldnt afford to pay off in full, so decided to continue to carry on paying the minimum balance.

I also had a small house in the UK which I arranged to be rented out for 9 months as a safety net in case I decided to move back.

As time went by the business took slower to create an income than planned, and the credit cards became increasingly difficult to pay. I managed to reach an agreement with them for token payments for a 6 month period, but in that time i moved to another rented property and whilst I know this was silly, I didnt both getting back in touch with the credit card companies and as such this debt is outstanding. They havent chased me, as they dont know where i am, yes this was a stupid thing to do, but I cant change what I've already done. I wish i could.

To complicate matters further, after the tennant moved out of my UK property, i couldnt find another one and couldnt keep up the payments on the mortgage, so decided to 'hand the property back' to Northern Rock. This decision was based on the fact that I had no intentions to move back to the UK, and figured it was the lesser of two evils.

As with other threads I've read, due to the plummiting UK property market, the value of my house has 'dropped' by £90,000 now leaving me in negative equity of over £70,000. I happen to know that the property has just been sold and it is currently going through motions.

I have no assets to pay this off, nor do I have £70,000 (or £1000) lying under the bed.

In the past 8 weeks, my father has been diagnosed as terminally ill, and as such I cannot justify being abroad and I have decided to return to the UK in 8 weeks for the foreseeable future and close the business there.

In parallel to this (and quite fortunately), I have been asked to go into a partnership as a Director for business in England, which is currently being registered in companies house.

So, whilst I have the credit card debts that may well have been written off by now, they will clearly show on my file and i assume will cause me serious problems in my personal life for some time - mobile phone, tenancy agreement, car lease or HP, and anything else that requires a credit search now and for quite a while?

In addition to this, with the sale of the house now being finalised, I'm assuming someone will want to have a chat to me about the £70,000 negative equity position with my old house.

And finally, as a director of a new business in the UK, this presents me with some serious problems:

1) should the company need a loan or any sort of credit, i understand the directors all get credit searched? if so, then this will hinder the company getting any credit.

2) I assume I will immediately be 'on the radar' once I'm registered at company house, and could therefore cause visits to the business address either for the credit cards or more likely the house.

3) I have not discussed my financial situation with the other directors (and didnt particularly want to) but now I think maybe I have no choice.

So, I guess I have a couple of options:

a) declare bankruptcy and face the consequences for however long it takes. And I assume I would need to be removed from the company as a director (although could probably remain as a shareholder?) but not be able to obtain and credit / bank accounts etc for years and years to come.

b) Or, sit tight and wait till somebody comes knocking - although as I will need to rent a property and have utilities bills, car insurance etc (as well as some sort of paper trail in companies house) it wont take long before someone comes banging the door at my new rented property (if I can even get one) or at the registered business address via the paper trail from companies house.

So, a complete mess.. and I just dont know what to do.

I have to go back to the UK and face the music, but I just dont know what this will mean to my life (both personal and business) for the foreseeable future.

Whilst i have no problems paying said debts off with whatever I can afford to be, I'm not sure whether this is even an option (particularly with the negative equity) as it will take me 30 years or so to pay.

if you've read this far, thanks for staying with me.. I just hope you can offer some advise or point me at someone that might be able to offer me some practical advise about how to tackle this and what to expect the impact to be to my day to day living.

Thanks for reading.

casaboy

Sorry to hear about your dad, and whatever else you do, don't let worry over these debts be a priority over spending time with him in whatever time you have left.

Re; the debts & business

Will you be investing in the business to get the shares that you mention? If so how much?

Will you be receiving any inheritance and if so how much roughly?(sorry to ask but it will make a difference to your position)

If you go BR then all your current debts including the shortfall will be wiped out, but your assets will be taken into account and these could be the shares. You are correct in that you can still be a shareholder in the business butthat will depend on the value of them. You cannot be a director whilst BR. If you receive an inheritance whilst BR then around 60-70% will go to the OR. Once you are discharged - average time is around 9 - 11 months at present then the inheritance and any other windfall is yours to keep, as will be any assets you purchase after this time.

You are right in that this is going to affect your credit rating and life for quite some time whatever you choose to do.

I think you need to talk to your propsed partner and come clean, and consider delaying your involvement in the business until you are discharged from BR.

More info here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/formal-solutions-bankruptcy-administration/56970-insolvency-dealing-debt.html

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Hi Gizmo,

Thanks for your response.

There will be no investment on my part in the new business (other than labour), the other directors are buying into an idea and want me to be part of the company as a major shareholder.

Yes, at some point (although this is unclear) there will be some inheritance. This will probably be less than the negative equity amount mentioned, but might not be far off. Obviously dont want to think along those lines but i guess you have to think long term.

I dont particularly want to go down the BR route, but not sure I have a choice?

Presumably it's best not to go down that route and try to reach an agreement without that?

As far as share values; 75k has been set aside by the partner to keep the business going for a set period of time until it sees profit, so on that basis I guess you could arge that they are worth my % of the 100%.

I dont know your background but you seem very well informed, so do you happen to know if I could somehow not go bankrupt, and who I could speak to to assist with reaching an agreement?

I dont know your background but you seem very well informed, so do you happen to know if I could somehow not go bankrupt, and who I could speak to to assist with reaching an agreement?

Your other choice - given the inheritance is going to be quite sizeable would be a full and final IVA, which means you offer say 50% of the total debt, it is wrapped up in an IVA and your liabilites end with a one off payment.

The alternative would be to make arrangements direct with the creditor, but these will go and on for years and have much more of an adverse effect on your long term finances.

I suggest you speak to a Insovencly Practitioner - have a look here for your home town.

I think the first thing you need to do is talk to the business partner. are you married - in which case your wife could hold the shares for you?

Edited by gizmo111
added link

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Guest dvdriley

Sorry to hear about your problems, cant add anymore to what has already been said, except stay in Spain. Its got to be better than the UK

thanks guys.. i wish it was a simple as staying in Spain :-(

As far as the shares go.. no I'm single so I guess they would need to stay with me.

if I went down the IVA route, the share would be safe though?

In essence they're not actually worth anything at the moment anyway.. they maybe in years to come, but at the moment they have no tangiable value

if I went down the IVA route, the share would be safe though?

Yes should be - personally I would speak to a good IP (maybe get a 2nd opinion as well from another in the area)..... talk to your partner, look after your dad and take it from there. Don't rush into anything in a panic.