Michael Sobell

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5586 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone.

My son received a notice from 'UK Parking Ltd' in late November.

However, I was driving the car and parked in Tesco.

The 'contravention' is for parking out of a bay.

Anyway I told my son not to bother and I would deal with it, I was so incensed that I wrote denying the 'offence' and said I was driving.

( completely forgetting what I had read on this forum).

Another letter came 'still addressed to my son' so as has been mentioned here before, they don't even read the latters. I wrote back signing with my name, their reply 'still addressed to my son' was that they were not going to communicate again.

I ignored the letter and then ' Roxbrugh DCA' threat came, which I ignored.

Next was a letter from our friend Michael Sobell, I again ignored it.

A couple of days ago came Michael Sobell's Final Warning. Still addressed to my son. The thing is, I don't mind being threatened or even having an hour in court but I need to get my son's involvement taken out of the equation.

Any ideas would be most welcome.

Thanks

Keep ignoring it. They'll likely give up eventually. Should they be stupid enough to file a claim, they're going to look pretty silly in court when your son produces your letter dated months before telling them who was driving.

Thanks for replying so quickly Michael.

That is ordinarily what I would do. If they were stupid enough to start court action, would my son have to attend?

He's actually getting worried about it (he doesn't say as much but I can tell by his body language.

If they were stupid enough to start court action, would my son have to attend?
Well, your letter would be attached as part of his defence, ie there was no contract since I was not the driver and the claimant was informed of that. If at that point they did not withdraw the claim, your son would have a good case for wasted costs

If you've received two from Sobell, that's usually it and they give up.

No point reasoning with these people. They often just send out computer generated letters according to their timetable. This is a mail [problem] after all.

Thanks.

I'm thinking of writing a letter of complaint to Sir Terry Leahy, head of Tesco.

Asking if a customer enters a Tesco car park but finds it full, is it their policy that they would want the customer to drive straight out and not spend the £80 in their shop.

Edit: In fact I'm going to write.

I met some of their chaps installing new signs at my local Tesco today where I had to go under duress. I said hello, and fell about laughing..... we had a nice chat about their ****** company :D

Their argument about the full car park would be.... it's all those 'illegal' parkers, that's why we hire these people. Just don't go back, and tell them why. Hit them where it hurts.

Why aren't we revolting?

Thanks.

I'm thinking of writing a letter of complaint to Sir Terry Leahy, head of Tesco.

Asking if a customer enters a Tesco car park but finds it full, is it their policy that they would want the customer to drive straight out and not spend the £80 in their shop.

Edit: In fact I'm going to write.

Please do write and write to the Manager of that particular Tescos also. The more that people complain the more unfair PPCs and thier intimadatory practices are stopped. There are a few posters on here who have had similar problems as yourself-especially Tescos it seems:mad: