can you claim costs from the court

diggs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5583 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm posting to see if anyone can help about recovering costs from the court, rather than a DCA.

Here's the back story. I am involved in a long running dispute with a DCA, they have applied for a final charging order. I went to court once in May 2008 and the judge ordered them to produce all documents relating to the claim including a copy of the claim form and a schedule of default payments within 28 days and serve them on me within a further 14 days. The case came back to court on 9th Jan this year and I made an application to have the case moved to my local court. I have had none of the documents served. I spoke to the court before I applied to move it and they said it would be tight on timing. I heard nothing from the court so attended on the 9th only to find that the case had been transfered and all the papers sent to my local court. The original court had written to the solicitors for the DCA and told them that the case had been transfered so they weren't expecting me there and the judge couldn't do anything as they didn't have the paperwork.

So I had a round trip of 7 hours and had to lose a days work. As this was the courts fault can I claim from them?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks