Bright House Help Needed Fast

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5579 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that Lefty, where were you then, plucking a few tunes???

Never Mind the B******* Here's Lefty ! ;)

(I have an awful feeling I aint never gonna live this down now...) :mad:

Cheers

Lefty

PS - Playtime over now - back to business! We got one of the best teams in the country in here!

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

Please help to support this site with a small donation... every little helps...

CAG- The Nation's Weekly Info Store!

;)

Like someone said a few days ago, the THREE CAG'ATEERS

PlumberJon :-D

UNUS VIR OBVIAM ORBIS TERRARUM

Are you being harrassed by a DCA or Brighthouse. Click the link for OFT Debt collection guidelines. Chances are, they could be in breach of some part of sections 2 or 3 or both!

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

I just give advice, I can't do it for you though!!

If you were helped, then please wiggle my scales, and you might get a wiggle back!!!

Do they charge for Delivery?

Yes - somewhere along the line you will have been charged £10 for delivery.

Of course, this is described as "a £10 optional delivery fee", but there is absolutely no way BrightHouse would allow a new customer to take goods themselves. Delivery gives them the opportunity to confirm your address.

The £10 delivery charge may well be included in the total cost for credit - (I'm not 100% sure of this, but it COULD explain the discrepencies in the amount you paid on the first instalment.)

Cheers

Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

;)

I had to pay the £10 up front.

Yep - that is the norm. But it doesn't appear the OP has paid an upfront delivery charge on this occassion.

Cheers

Lefty

;)

Dear Sir

I am writing to give the required 7 days notice, as detailed in my agreement(s) that I wish to cancel all "optional" service cover on the above product(s). To simplify matters, I have today 24/01/2009 presented a copy of this letter to the store manager of Bright house

27 Oxford St

Swansea, SA1 3AQ

01792 641000,

Which has been duly acknowledged, so 7 days notice shall commence at the date of this letter?

As stated in my agreement:

“You’re Obligations: Optional Service Cover

Section C (b) the service cover premium is renewable each time your regular instalment is due under the agreement. If the premium is not paid Service Cover will lapse.

Section H (3) this policy shall continue in force until you give seven days notice…”

I shall, therefore, be making my next payment on 31/01/09 at Bright house

27 Oxford St

Swansea, SA1 3AQ

01792 641000

This payment will include "optional" service cover. As I understand that I can’t stop paying the service Charges till 7 days after the date on this letter

But will not include "optional" service cover after 7 days. After 31/01/2009

I understand that I may be required to sign a revised agreement. I will only do this on the firm understanding that all payments made previously on this agreement are reflected in any revised agreement. I do not waive any of my rights under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 regarding, in particular, “early settlement” and “repossession” as set out in section J of the original agreement.

Kind Regards

Marks OH

This is the letter I got so far is it right as I’m Confused about including the payment When. As 7 days of this letter is on a payment that I pay on the 31st so I stated I will not pay after that date as My 7 days notice has been given

Edited by MarkJones

You don't need to put the address of your store in the letter. Leave it as it is. Also, do not sign letter, just print as you have done (btw - delete your wife's name on this thread - just put Marks OH so we know what you mean - only put her TYPED name in the letter you send). As for the 7 days....if you send the letter tomorrow then you can say "I will be making my next payment on the 31/01/09 but this payment will not include optional service cover." Go to the store tomorrow and hand it in, and post the other one off to Head Office as well.

If you plan to send the letter on Monday, however, then you will need to change the date to 7th February (as they HAVE to have the 7 days full notice).

Above all else, don't worry :D

Type this letter exactly as follows (if you plan to send it tomorrow)

24th January 2009

Dear Sir

Agreement Nos: (fill this bit in)

I am writing to give the required 7 days notice, as detailed in my agreement(s) that I wish to cancel all "optional" service cover on the above product(s). To simplify matters, I have today, 24th January 2009, presented a copy of this letter to the store manager of Brighthouse, Oxford Street, Swansea, which has been duly acknowledged, so 7 days notice shall commence at the date of this letter.

As stated in my agreement:

“Your Obligations: Optional Service Cover

Section C (b) The service cover premium is renewable each time your regular installment is due under the agreement. If the premium is not paid Service Cover will lapse.

Section H (3) This policy shall continue in force until you give seven days notice…”

I shall, therefore, be making my next payment on 31st January 2009 at Brighthouse, Oxford Street, Swansea. This payment will not include "optional" service cover.

I understand that I may be required to sign a revised agreement. I will only do this on the firm understanding that all payments made previously on this agreement are reflected in any revised agreement. I do not waive any of my rights under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 regarding, in particular, “early settlement” and “repossession” as set out in section J of the original agreement.

Kind Regards

You

Hope this helps!

Your agreement numbers are on the receipt you posted.

You don't need to state the goods you have, just the agreement numbers. They may get a bit snotty with you in the store - just ignore it. Hand in the letter and walk away if necessary. Keep us informed.

Sorry - you only need to do one letter - just put both agreement numbers at the top (as shown).

Okay got It My wife going down tomorow She gonna ask a Reright of the agreement As they dident explain How much the total was Or say nuffing about the OSC If they Refuse to Wright a new agreemant with Out OSC She hand in theys Letter will keep You Inforum

If they want you to sign a revised agreement, take this letter along and MAKE them sign it:

Original agreement number XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

New Agreement number XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Date

Updated agreement to reflect Account Re-Set

IMPORTANT Payments made previously on this agreement (XX payments to date representing XX of the total amount payable) are to be reflected, and form part of, any revised agreement.

All rights under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 regarding, in particular, “early settlement” and “repossession” as set out in section J of the original agreement remain intact and continue uninterrupted into any revised agreement.

Signed - YOU

(Print name)

Signed - Store Manager (for and on behalf of Caversham Finance trading as BrightHouse)

(print name)

Just print off two copies, leaving the agreement number part blank. You can fill that in at the store.

Welcome to my "Brighthouse" club by the way. You will find they are easy to fight and you will always WIN!! Look forward to your post on Monday.

I am probably the most hated customer of Brighthouse in the North East - but it sure feels good :D

Hi Mark.

Clemma's second letter (regarding a re-write) isn't really so important in this case - as you only have made one payment so far, there's hardly any repossession or early settlements rights anyway. (but do keep a copy of it - it may come in handy at a later date.) ;)

Bottom line is you want to cancel the OSC - and you are perfectly within your rights to do so.

Cheers

Lefty

;)

And do come back and let us know how you got on!!

PJ

PlumberJon :-D

UNUS VIR OBVIAM ORBIS TERRARUM

Are you being harrassed by a DCA or Brighthouse. Click the link for OFT Debt collection guidelines. Chances are, they could be in breach of some part of sections 2 or 3 or both!

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

I just give advice, I can't do it for you though!!

If you were helped, then please wiggle my scales, and you might get a wiggle back!!!

Okay Me Wife went there to day Asked for a Rewright of borth agreemant

they said that they can only do the BedFrame as it Already been marked for dispatch but The matress hasent been marked for dispatch Yet but when we do Get it to Recall back down The store for them to Reright the Agreemant on the matress

Bed Frame

picture2ay0.jpg

The receipt

picture2001bd9.jpg

I can remember some one saying to Never take Yellow Money I did't go Down with My Wife And notic and remember about YELLOW money when i seen the Receipt

(What Is Yellow Money)?

Yellow money is something which BH encourage you to put those extra pennies in (as you can see from your receipt). You can take the money out at any time as it is YOUR money. It's like a savings scheme with no bonuses :rolleyes: Personally, I think it's a waste of time and I always pay the correct amount.

BH will also take money out of this IF you are late paying (I don't know if every store does this, but mine did). They are not allowed to, but never mind.