Lloyds basic account undischarged bankrupt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5585 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok as you may be aware i'm trying to establish which account i can use as i have just gone BR.

I already had a basic lloyds account and the OR stated they were not interested in it as there was no debt on the account and it was only basic.

I decided to call lloyds and ask their advice, the lady said they would not freeze my account, it is only basic i am not overdrawn.

She also said i am not opening a new account, that would be different. I have had the account for nearly a year.

However i am a little dubious as i have read so many stories about accounts becoming frozen, when people have been told otherwise.

Any suggestions or experience?

Thanks again everyone.

What i would like to know how will Lloyd discover i am BR? If the OR is not interested and has no need to contact the bank then how does the bank know this. I am not applying for a new account so no reason for Br to pop up.

Am i right or confused?

the OR will send a fax/or letter saying that your are BR and you they are not interested in this bank account.

it is not the OR who freeze the bank account, but the bank itself !

and i must say thay the co-op and baclays offer bank account to undischarged BR.

Once you are declared Br yo have lost the right to any claim/ownership regarding any item before your BR order unless your OR says is has no interest into it .

The bank will know you are bankrupt because your name is published in the London Gazette and in your local newspaper. At least they should do.

Once upon a time the LG was scanned religiously by the banks for such matters but I'm not sure they do that now. Probably too many names...:)

As for your existing account I would make sure that you keep as little cash as possible in your account in case things go wrong and the account is frozen. Once things have settled down (a couple of months or so) then resume your normal use. Don't worry about the lost interest - with rates as they are you'll only be losing a few coppers.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

thank you for the advice, off down to barlcays in a bit.

I think i'll leave my lloyds account as a floating account and see what happens a few months down the line, i only have a £1 in it at the moment.

Does anyone know of any online banking provider types? I know there is think but they charge nearly £13 a month for an account.

Will keep you posted. :D

I thought you had it all sorted out with the Co-op. What is it that you are struggling with?

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)