24 hrs Parking Video Cameras

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5598 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need help. A private company has recently changed the rules regarding the times it now operates its enforcement to include evenings and Sundays at my local Aldi/Blockbuster. I’ve just received two tickets each for £80. I went and checked the new sign which includes tiny small print saying it is now 24hrs 7 days a week. But there is no large sign on the entrance informing people of the change.

I can’t deny I wasn’t there because I was and the video camera accurately gave the time when I was there and if the camera works it would have easily seen my face driving. Plus no one else is insured to drive my car.

They’ve changed the rules, not let people know properly and now I’m looking at £100+ fine. I can’t think of how I’m going to get out of this.

Any help would be great

You don't know how to get out of it.

The answer is simple.

Ignore it.

Let them take you to court and PROVE that they have suffered losses of £100+ because you failed to see the sign.

Let them PROVE that you actually saw any signs.

Let them PROVE that you were the driver of the vehicle.

Let them PROVE that a contract actually existed (which it can't have, because you didn't pay anything in the first place.

The only way that they can collect is if they PROVE all of these things in a court of law.

Far from thinking it may be difficult to get out of, it is they that have the difficulty.

Suggest you start off reading the threads at the head of the forum section on PPC parking tickets. You'll soon learn that they are not worth the paper they are written on.

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

Richard is spot on.

They have no power to fine you. That is reserved for a court to do for a criminal offense.

This is a civil matter. They have to prove their case if it goes to court.

Just ignore them. Try doing a search on these forums for Aldi (I beleive the PPC is Parking Eye who are well known here).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------