Redundancy payment & debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5621 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for reading this post, what an incredibly useful site!

I'm going through voluntary redundancy right now, and will get a reasonable payout but will still need to look for a new job fairly soon.

I am also in dispute with three credit companies with debts in the region of £15,000. None of them have yet been able to provide a single dodgy copy of the original agreement, let alone a valid one

Is there any way these companies or DCAs can find out about my redundancy pay? Obviously I will have to pay it into my bank account - can they discover that I suddenly (albeit temporarily) have some funds?

Any advice gratefully received, thanks.

Hi Olive oil,

If your Bank account is with one of the companies that you are disputing the debt with then they probably offset the additional funds from one account to another, however if you are with another bank then they can not see this money. The DCA's I should not have access to this information unless you provide them with it.

I would consider a parachute account if you have not done so already.

Hope this helps

ska

Hi Olive oil,

If your Bank account is with one of the companies that you are disputing the debt with then they probably offset the additional funds from one account to another, however if you are with another bank then they can not see this money. The DCA's I should not have access to this information unless you provide them with it.

I would consider a parachute account if you have not done so already.

Hope this helps

ska

Thanks for that. My bank account is nothing to do with the ones I am in dispute with, but I was a bit worried they could find out how much money I had.

Thanks for your reassurance!