Virgin Media Stating I am in Contract

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5567 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI all

Can anyone advise please I am being harrassed by Virgin.

I saw that Sky were offering a good deal on services and phoned up Virgin to discuss. I eventually got through to a lady who offered me a very good deal to stay with Virgin. I accepted on the explicit condition that I would not be forced into a new 12 month contract. She agreed and I agreed the Sky Max Service. I confirmed my no new contract condition many times and then agred to upgrade my services.

Months later I was getting very upset with the way they were treating me and phoned up to ask about cancelling my service and was informed that it was their view that I was in contract untill May 2009, I exlained that my contract expired in 2008 March, they said they would look into it.

They didnt get back to me so I wrote explaining that it was unacceptable for them to enforce a contract that I did not make.

Their response was that they had sent me a contract confirmation (I never received this and do not believe it was sent) and since the right to cancel for that I never received was not returned to them I have "automatically entereed into a 12 month contract". To add insult they go on to say. "As a valued customer if you wish to downgrade your current oackage, I'm more than happy to arrange this for you. HOwever, this means you will then enter into a new 12 month contract."

How can not sending something you have never received constitute a contract especially when I explicitly said no contract as condition of change of services.

How do I defend myself against this.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Rick

• 4 weeks later...

A subject access request may get you a transcript or recording of the phone call if it exists. Hopefully you can then prove that you didn't agree to a contract extension

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court