SAR ignored

johnsax
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5594 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Could anyone help so i don't mess up?

Lloyds have not responded to my SAR sent on 12/11/08 this was handed to my bank manager in person. i did 4 at the time with 4 diffrent £10 cheques have recieved a response from all but the big one! My personal account.

What do i need to do now? i have phoned them and rerequested it was told it would be with me in 2 days still waiting over a week ago.

Do i phone them and tell them they are in breach of the Data protection act or is there a second procedure to follow?

Meanwhile my OD is getting bigger as they have just charged me for being overdrawn on my overdraft when they have made the mistake by letting a cancelled DD go through.

Hi js,

My advice would be to write to them rather than ring. At least you've then got a copy of everything. I know it costs money, but send it recorded delivery to obtain a signature. I'd be ionclined to amend the original Subject Access Request letter from the template library, and say something along the lines of, " original request dated 12/11, 40 days to comply, advised 2 days after contacting them. set a deadline for compliance, and advise them that you'll be contacting the FSA under non-compliance regs"

you might even find a more appropriate non-compliance template in the library

Have they cashed your £10 cheque?

have you opened a parachute account?

Edited by charleyfarley

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Hi,

The non-compliance letters are here..............

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

Regards.

Scott.

Edited by maroondevo52
  • Haha 1
Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Earlier on i called the Bank and got the run around as i expected i did let them know they were in breach of the data protection act. i have reported them to the information commisioner for breach after a converstion with them. should i now send the template 2 letter as well? just to get the ball rolling. or should i wait for the ICO to follow it up? i should be able to get this through the courts under the hardship case i think?

best JS

Oh Dear i may have made a bit of a boo boo:( i sent the following letter

"LloydsTSB Bank

Dear Sir or Madam,

Re. Account number: XXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX

I am writing to request a fully comprehensive list of all the default charges for direct debit, unauthorised overdrafts and standing orders I have paid over the last six years.

Please find enclosed a cheque for the maximum statutory charge of £10. If you are unable to provide this data, I will accept a copy of my statements going back six years; I understand that statements on their own are not covered by the Data Protection Act 1998, yet I’m not requesting the statements per se, but the charges, which I’m entitled to by law.

If you store any of the older records on microfiche, please be aware that the Information Commissioner deems this to be a relevant filing system under the Act. As such, any microfiche data must be sent to me in fully legible and comprehensible form.

I look forward to your response within 40 days, as Lloyds TSB Bankis obliged to reply under the Data Protection Act. If not I shall seek remedy from the Information Commissioner.

Yours faithfully,"

I have set this letter for each account held i got the letter from MSE from what can gather i should just have sent a generic letter asking for All info on me.

Result was info on 3 business accounts i believe ican't apply for these now due to a ruling Is this the case??

So i am waiting for info on the personal account.

Should i now submit a Subject Access Request for my loans and Creditcard???

and send another £10 (Already mistakenly sent them 4 cheques for £10 each from parachute account). This is with the Halifax with the merger will this hamper me? do i need to find another parachute account?

i filled a complaint with Information Commissioners Office via there website this has been acknowledged by the Information Commissioners Office do they work or not?

God im confused and i have only just started

Lloyds normally only respond to the SAR with a breakdown of charges, these are sent from Birmingham. They are probably snowed under with requests.

If you want a FULL SAR, I would send the one from the PPI forums

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/118145-subject-access-request-ppi.html#post1198765

The £10 fee should cover ALL accounts with ths same bank (Can you cancel 3 of the ones you have sent )

The confusion goes away after about 3 years :p

Jogs

THanks Jogs

do you mean cancel the cheques? the man from the ICO said if the cash them it is illegal so i figure they won't bother anyway.

cheers again i will send the other request also now't to lose but time. but i won't send the £10 i will just quote the cheque numbers if they ask for the tenner

johnsax,

If you register for t'internet banking, they say you can view account statements going back to 2002. Whether it's actually true or not, I'll let you know as soon as my online account goes live

• Haha 1

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Charlie just done the online thing with lloyds banking it goes back to 01jul 2002 i did a search on charges going back to nov 2002 first SAR went out then took some time i cut and pasted the results into excel and i have come up with £5525.13 in charges andO/D interest can i claim all this back?? and how do i go about it as it is over the £5k threshold for the court? they also have taken £1450 on my busines accounts?

robbin B'strds:shock:

Hi,

Have a look at the step-by-step.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

Think your snookered for the Business Charges at the moment, I'll get a 'link' for you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/business-claims-bank-charges/

Regards.

Scott.

js......my original Abbey claim was for £8.4k................no problems at all;)

js,

My understanding is a bit rusty, but it always used to be the case that you could claim back more than 6 years, on the understanding that the six-year rule doesn't apply if there was any deception involved( ie you weren't aware of the unlawfulness of the action), and only became aware of the unlawfulness subsequently.

It strengthens your case, if you've got charges pre-six years and post-six years, because then they get treated as all part of the one action. It's much harder if all your charges on a claim are over six years old

fine thanks again charlie, i have about 4 months over the 6 years all the rest are post 6 years so i will claim all back that i can trace cant get further back than jul 02 unfortunatly but total is now £5658.58.

I just wondered should i now start a new thread calling it Johnsax-Lloydstsb??

I just wondered should i now start a new thread calling it Johnsax-LloydsTSB??

Good idea ;)

Regards.

Scott.