lloyds credit card (sorry this is so long)

phantom44
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5593 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi can anyone advise me on this issue

Point 1

on 15th oct 2008 i sent a pound requesting my cca for my credit card

point2

on the 3rd dec2008 i received a letter from lloyds with what seems to be there latest agreement with the £12 charges showing yet my old statements they showed i paid £20 charges and also the agreement was unsigned,

my c/card was taking out in 1998

point 3

i sent replie to them that copy they sent me was not the copy i requested and also that unless i receive the true original i am putting the account in dispute as the letter off this site stated

point4

today sat 17-1-2009

on checking my current account this morning i noticed that they took all the balance being £242 out of my account and paid it off my credit card which was in the arrears,i was able to go to my branch approx 1130 this morning and speak to the assistant manager, whom pointed out that they can take it out of my current account as you signed an agreement and it is in the small print

i then pointed out that they have not given me my signed agreement which i asked for she replied i,m sorry you will have to take it up with the credit card dept

any advice please

regards phantom44

QUICK QUOTE

ROBIN HOOD ROBBED THE RICH TO HELP THE POOR

BANKS ROB THE POOR TO HELP THE RICH

Hi, phantom.

I know it's too late now, but you should have closed your current account before sending your CCA.

Having more than one account with the same Bank is a nightmare as they can, as they have with you, transfered monies from one account to another, I believe they call it 'offset', and yes it will be in the small print.

Whilst your CC account was in dispute, they should not have paid any money into it, I think they know they are going to toil to come up with an enforceable agreement.

I would get in touch with them and complain, HBOS did something similar to me when I forgot to cancel a standing order and overpaid by £100 pounds.

Instead of giving me it back, they paid it into a old credit card account which I had CCA'd and they had failed to come up with it.

I wrote to them explaining the situation and it took about four weeks, but they did return my £100.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

hi maroondevo52

thanks for the quick replie now could you give me some other info please

my current accout is actualy a joint one my wifes and her wages is paid into her own account

q1 can they take any money out of her own account

regards phantom4

ps my wife is going down to our bank on monday to pay the £400 overdraught off and closing the account

QUICK QUOTE

Edited by phantom44

QUICK QUOTE

Hi, phantom.

I know it's too late now, but you should have closed your current account before sending your CCA.

Having more than one account with the same Bank is a nightmare as they can, as they have with you, transfered monies from one account to another, I believe they call it 'offset', and yes it will be in the small print.

Whilst your CC account was in dispute, they should not have paid any money into it, I think they know they are going to toil to come up with an enforceable agreement.

I would get in touch with them and complain, HBOS did something similar to me when I forgot to cancel a standing order and overpaid by £100 pounds.

Instead of giving me it back, they paid it into a old credit card account which I had CCA'd and they had failed to come up with it.

I wrote to them explaining the situation and it took about four weeks, but they did return my £100.

Regards.

Scott.

I've got 8p in my Lloyds current account but as yet they haven't used it to pay off my credit card.

Fred

Edited by Fred Bassett

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

I've got 8p in my Lloyds current account but as yet they haven't used to pay off my credit card.

Fred

Take it out 'pronto' Fred, and close the account, get yourself away on a holiday :p

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Take it out 'pronto' Fred, and close the account, get yourself away on a holiday :p

Regards.

Scott.

Good thinking. I switched banks when everything blew up in my fact but I had an overdraft with Lloyds which I've since paid off. I don't intend to use this account again but I thought I'd keep it open just so that they have to incur costs in running it.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.