Help with default removal - van finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3819 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

found this interesting read

Popular questions on the area of hire purchase car repossession.:-

1. When can a hire purchase company repossess my vehicle?
    If you have paid less than one third of the total payments and the vehicle is parked on public ground then a hire purchase company has the legal power to repossess your vehicle without going through the lengthy procedure of obtaining a court order.
  2. How can I reduce the risk of repossession?
    Please note that they cannot reposess the vehicle if the car is in your drive or on a third parties property. They CAN take it if it is in the road.
    PLEASE NOTE that many people try and trick the car bailiffs by parking the car in the next road……Please note that this a common mistake as the bailiffs always check the surrounding roads and side streets for the vehicle.
  3. Does the finance company need to take me to court to get my vehicle?
    The only time that court action will precede car repossession is after you have paid one third of the total payments.
  4. Will they just take my car without telling me?
    No, you will always be given a a pre-possession order. So make sure you open all your post. The pre-possession notice will allow you at least 15 days to make arrangements to avoid car repossession.
  5. I have had a change in circumstances and do not need the vehicle. What shall I do?
    The rules and regulations regarding handing back your vehicle depend on how long you have had the car for.

The general rule is that if you have paid more than half of the total amount outstanding then just give the vehicle back and there can be no legal comeback for you or your family.

Always read the terms and conditions of the hire purchase agreement as we have noticed they can somewhat vary.

Always read the small print. Remember theses contracts are drawn up by clever and cunning solicitors who want to make it as difficult as possible for you to cancel the finance contact.
  6. I have only had the car for 3 weeks and I have just lost my job, What can I do?
    You may be forced to pay expensive early redemption penalies if you want to hand the vehicle back. This amount can vary but the general pattern of what you are made to pay is difference between the payments already made and half the original price of the goods. In addition there may be various administration fees to pay.

Had another call off a different man today he is coming to repo it this wek, It sems they are queing up to repo my car, These repo guys wont ven tell me who they work for, seems they are self employed agents of some kind

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are these vehicle reposession agents licensed by the OFT? I know companies recovering debts are required to be licensed by law, but are these outfits?

I looked at a few firms online and some have CCL numbers listed on their websites. The company who has approached me does not though, to my knowledge. Or is it because those other firms offer bailiff services as well that they have licenses, while this vehicle repossession firm only does vehicle recovery?

This is confusing as a phone call to the OFT was met with, "we can't tell you, you'll have to see our website for details". For their website to only say debt collectors are required to have a CCL, no mention of vehicle recovery agents whatsoever.

*Scratches head*

Was hoping to find a answer to my above question, I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

So far I can only see that debt collectors require a CCL but not vehicle repossession agents.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/credit_licences/oft147.pdf

Am I correct here? I think this is the only avenue I have to give myself more time to pay my vehicle arrears.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 years later...

did you ever get your £300 back?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...