God these muppets just get worse!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5606 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone

I am really anoyed today as I have received a letter from the Haifax for 3 paid item fees each £35 and obviously the unauthorised O/D fee of £25.

I keep this account in check 100% and check the available balance evryday on the internet, how can Halifax get away with this £133 for letter the card authorise even though no money was in the account :evil:

The way I see it bank charges are unavoidable, what is the point of even having a bank account you may aswell carry cash around with you to be sure some leech doesn't try and make any possible money they can out of you.

What the deal now I won with halifax last year, has things changed? Can you still claim charges back etc. I guess I need to pay the charges first and then close the account and start the claim before they spiral out of control

thanks

Mark

Halifax Current Account Claim £441

Statements Received 11/08/2006

Prelim Sent 21/08/2006

Standard letter Received 29/08/2006

LBA Sent 06/09/2006

Offer Received 20/09/2006

MCOL Issued 03/10/2006

Settled in full :) 07/10/2006

LLoyds Current Account Claim £773.27 inc interest

Statements Received 21/08/2006 Only half received :evil:

Prelim Sent

Barclays Current Account Claim £717.71 inc interest

Statements Received End of Aug postage not paid - lol

Prelim Sent 06/09/2006

LBA Sent 25/09/2006

Offer Received and Rejected 04/10/2006

Will be taking on Welcome Finance and Southern Pacific Mortgages Soon. :-x

mmm,

I am disappointed with them as a bank, I check my internet banking online everyday... have you noticed how the order of things can change so much over a few days.

I even noticed that I can look in the morning, pay in some money at lunch time, check on line and the money I paid in appears to have happened before the last transaction that was detailed in the morning statement I viewed.

Also my husband banks with them but another branch, he has a standing order to transfer to our 'bill's account also with Halifax and last month we changed the date to a day earlier than before - guess what the money hasn't transfered and consequently a Direct Debit couldn't be paid....

charges again !!!

joolzh13 I hear your concerns, I only opened this account as a secondary bank account to manage my food and petrol.

The thing is I put a certain amount of money in the account and spent every other day and kept an eye on my available balance online until it was say £5 then stopped using it. Unfortunatly Halifax have a really sneeky way of holding back card payments that they have authorised until you spend more money off the available balance and then WAM!! they apply them to your account so they can make money.

Fortunatly I will probably be able to pay the £133 until I get the claim sorted but I feel for the low income people that they seem to pray on time and time again.

Can anyone tell me if they have put the charges claim on hold until based on a court hearing or are people still starting new claims?

Mark

Halifax Current Account Claim £441

Statements Received 11/08/2006

Prelim Sent 21/08/2006

Standard letter Received 29/08/2006

LBA Sent 06/09/2006

Offer Received 20/09/2006

MCOL Issued 03/10/2006

Settled in full :) 07/10/2006

LLoyds Current Account Claim £773.27 inc interest

Statements Received 21/08/2006 Only half received :evil:

Prelim Sent

Barclays Current Account Claim £717.71 inc interest

Statements Received End of Aug postage not paid - lol

Prelim Sent 06/09/2006

LBA Sent 25/09/2006

Offer Received and Rejected 04/10/2006

Will be taking on Welcome Finance and Southern Pacific Mortgages Soon. :-x

Hi, Mark.

Claims are still on hold :rolleyes: We are advising people to carry on with claiming, It's more than likely your claim will be stayed but at least you'll be in the 'system'. You never know they may make you an offer.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I just checked my bank account and have been charged £35 for going £1 over and also a £28 unauthorised overdraft charge - FOR A £1??? Funny thing is, when I checked the bank yesterday it was still in credit, when I checked today it was £1 over and I have been charged.

£63 charge for going £1 over which was replaced immediately as soon as it was spotted!!!!

Abbey - £539 pending - !!!WON!!!

Halifax - £676 pending - stayed at court

2nd Claim with Halifax - £168 pending

Lloyds TSB - £780 (sisters) !!!WON!!! - Filed waste of costs order (on hold)

Barclays - Barclays filed crap defense - on hold

AND THE BANKS ARE STILL CHARGING!!!!!!!

How very dare you!!