CCA dilemna....

tradey_08
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5619 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a few credit cards and have decided to bite the bullet and find out if they are unenforceable etc.

Problem is that I probably dont have the time to do it all myself, had anyone any tips for selecting the corrct company to deal with it for me?

Many Thanks in advance. :)

It doesnt take much time.......A few letters and you can decide for yourself

Otherwise from the adverts Ive seen...its between £300 -£500 upfront then a percentage usually 20-30% of what you "win".........???

if you get the debt wrote off for example £5000...it'll cost you about £1500

So you will end up paying out £1500 (ish)

you can do this yourself, unless you cant be bothered ???

your choice

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply....it just seems really daunting to undertake but i take your point on the money that would be wasted.

The knoweldge on exactly which points an agreement would not be enforceable would have to be spot on I suppose and I dont feel I have that!

I duppose that is where this site would help?:)

Hi Tradey,

DIY is the best way to go. All it would cost you is £2.58 for the postal order and recorded delivery. It doesn't take long to draft a CCA letter (there are template letters here)

When you decide which way to go, you will get help with every step of the way. I've been helped no end on here and I've had one debt collector stop chasing me and another sitting quietly in the background as they haven't complied with my request.

Your choice but I know which way I'd go. :)

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi there, I felt like this when I first found cag, I have more than 10 creditors that I am dealing with and I just found it all to much.

However what I did was to just deal with one creditor per day, for example even if I got 5 replys through the post I would only deal with one each day. I find it much easier to get my head round things this way.

If you feel you can try and deal with it all yourself, if you go through a third party you will just get frustrated when nothing happens. I find it much easier to have total control.

Good luck !

Hi Tradey,

DIY is the best way to go. All it would cost you is £2.58 for the postal order and recorded delivery. It doesn't take long to draft a CCA letter (there are template letters here)

When you decide which way to go, you will get help with every step of the way. I've been helped no end on here and I've had one debt collector stop chasing me and another sitting quietly in the background as they haven't complied with my request.

Your choice but I know which way I'd go. :)

fox

Thanks Fox for your comments, when you mention debt collector chasing you....does that mean that when i do raise a dispute they will appoint a debt collector to me...i am paying all creditors on time etc at the moment.

Cheers

Hi there, I felt like this when I first found cag, I have more than 10 creditors that I am dealing with and I just found it all to much.

However what I did was to just deal with one creditor per day, for example even if I got 5 replys through the post I would only deal with one each day. I find it much easier to get my head round things this way.

If you feel you can try and deal with it all yourself, if you go through a third party you will just get frustrated when nothing happens. I find it much easier to have total control.

Good luck !

Thanks for replying....are you having success with your creditors? I dont really read many examples of success to be honest and that is my only real concern....I starting to think I may deal with it myself!

Thanks Fox for your comments, when you mention debt collector chasing you....does that mean that when i do raise a dispute they will appoint a debt collector to me...i am paying all creditors on time etc at the moment.

Cheers

If you CCA them and they come back with a good agreement then you carry on paying as normal however, if what they send you is a pile of poo then you can dispute the debt. The credit company cannot enforce the debt unless a valid CCA exists. They may then write it off their systems and flog it on to one of the many DCA's out there who will take a chance on whether they can get you to pay. They are not supposed to do this as no agreement = account in dispute but that, I'm afraid doesn't stop them.

If it does go to a DCA then you will be in a stronger position to tell them to P*SS OFF.

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi, i understand it can feel daunting. I was in the same boat the first time i tried it - so i used a company, which to be fair were great and took all the hassle out of doing it myself (and the time element, which was important to me). There was an upfront fee of £149 and a 20% 'backend' fee, but i was more than happy with that (at the time) as it was only payable on results! - which i got (£14,000 - wiped off!!). However i might look at the next ones myself (still undecided) but if you want the details of who i used you can email me ([email protected]) and i can send you the details?

Good luck with it either way!!!

Thanks for replying....are you having success with your creditors? I dont really read many examples of success to be honest and that is my only real concern....I starting to think I may deal with it myself!

I am quite early days into my dealings but I am getting somewhere, we actually have 16 creditors, nine of them credit cards. So far:-

5 credit cards - unenforcable if taken to court, not paying, ignoring DCA's

1 credit card - enforcable, not paying but negotiating

3 credit cards - no response to CCA request, not paying

1 hp agreement - unenforcable, not paying, awaiting their response

4 hp agreements - enforcable, negotiating lower payments

1 hp agreement - awaiting CCA request

There are plenty of success stories on here, keep hunting !

If you CCA them and they come back with a good agreement then you carry on paying as normal however, if what they send you is a pile of poo then you can dispute the debt. The credit company cannot enforce the debt unless a valid CCA exists. They may then write it off their systems and flog it on to one of the many DCA's out there who will take a chance on whether they can get you to pay. They are not supposed to do this as no agreement = account in dispute but that, I'm afraid doesn't stop them.

If it does go to a DCA then you will be in a stronger position to tell them to P*SS OFF.

fox

Thanks for taking the time to explain this to me....:)

I am quite early days into my dealings but I am getting somewhere, we actually have 16 creditors, nine of them credit cards. So far:-

5 credit cards - unenforcable if taken to court, not paying, ignoring DCA's

1 credit card - enforcable, not paying but negotiating

3 credit cards - no response to CCA request, not paying

1 hp agreement - unenforcable, not paying, awaiting their response

4 hp agreements - enforcable, negotiating lower payments

1 hp agreement - awaiting CCA request

There are plenty of success stories on here, keep hunting !

Best of luck with your claims and thanks for the info!