Natwest/robinson way

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have 8 diferent debts and i dont know where to start ive offered to pay money off them but they expect me to pay what i havent got! 1st debt (is 4years old),Natwest which is £524.24 thats with robinson way ive said to them that i will pay £150 plus one bank charge but i'm not paying anymore because it's all just bank charge's but they wont listen to me and ring me sometimes up to 13times aday! I have been with natwest sincei as 8years oldwhnmy mum opend a acount for me and as i got older i took the accoun in to my name, at first all i hd as a solo account butthen they said i coud have a overdaft hich i said ys and it started of at £50 but then it go put up to £150andbuy thatpoint i as living on it i couln't afrod to put it down or i would be less off at the end of the month, but it got to the point where when i did get paid they where charging me loads even when i wasn't using the over daft, so i chaged banks and told them i would pay the over daft but they were havin none of it and now it has gone to robinson way and i on't know what to do.

i would be inclined to CCA the DCA's that have your debts first, check they HAVE the correct paperwork.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You are going to need to attack this problem stage by stage to stop it getting any further out of hand.

1) Get your paprework organized as you are going to be bombarded with pieces of paper. Ideally, get a filing system where you can keep paper relating to each alleged debt separate from the others.

2) If you haven't already done so, straighten out your banking arrangements. Make sure your current income is paid into an account with no ties to any group you have had problems with in the past. Do not set up direct debits and do not give out your debit card details. If these security breaches have already occurred, nuke the account and get a new one as soon as you can.

3) Decide how you are going to deal with the nuisance calls. There are many options here, depending on your needs and budget. Many people continue to receive the nuisance calls so that they can make a log and report it to the relevant authorities. The authorities will, of course, do nothing anyway. If you do answer the calls, either follow the procedure laid down in the BT Phone Book for dealing with nuisance callers, or just say "In Writing Only".

If you don't want to have to put up with this abuse then there are ways of stopping it. The crude but effective answer is to remove the plug from the wall, or you can get one of the cheap telephones which alow you to turn the ringer off. If you are prepared to pay a small monthly subscription, you can use Skype to make proper calls and disable your landline, as I posted about here -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/99376-telephone-harassment-action-plan-2.html#post1770207

Finally, for a one off payment of £125, you can invest in the best technology on the market, the trueCall, which will give you control of your telephone again.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/announcement.php?f=167&a=143

4) Assuming that all of the alleged debts are ones which you recognize, and are not statute barred, you should send a CCA request letter to the current owner of each loan and credit card account, and a SAR to the original creditor for overdrafts. This will allow you to claim back any unlawful charges on the account.

Only when the replies to these letters come in, or fail to come in after 12+2 days, will you really know what to do next in each case. The 12+2 days only applies to the CCA requests, not the SAR. That one is forty days.

This is how you begin to take control of the situation.

SH

Finally, for a one off payment of £125, you can invest in the best technology on the market, the trueCall, which will give you control of your telephone again.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/announcement.php?f=167&a=143

The current offer is even better then that. If you buy the basic trueCall unit for £97.50 then CAG will send you the call recorder part for free.

1. email [email protected] advising that you are planning on purchasing a trueCall unit.

2. Purchase the unit online at trueCall - your nuisance call blocker

3. When the unit arrives then email CAG as above with the serial number. You'll need to give them your name and address as well so they can send the call recorder to you.

Got mine last week.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

• 3 weeks later...