Aktiv Kapital - next step?

lrx28
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5604 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I've got Aktiv chasing me for a statute barred debt. I've sent them the standard statute-barred letter. I was hoping for the 'you have a moral obligation' letter in response, but instead I got two letters, one asking me to call to discuss the issues raised in my letter (I won't) and a second informing me that I was the debtor, and that they'd tried to contact me on several occasions. Are they trying to imply that the debt is therefore not statute-barred? They don't have a leg to stand on, surely?

They can't have been trying very hard to contact me as I've been on the electoral register for the last 10 years!

So, should I just ignore the letters, or send them a 'stop harrassing me' letter? I don't want things to get nasty! :|

Cheers, L

Report them to the OFT, as they are in clear breach of the guidance which states -

2.14 (b) continuing to press for payment after a debtor has stated that they will not be paying a debt because it is statute barred could amount to

harassment contrary to section 40 (1) of the Administration of Justice Act 1970.

Report them to Trading Standards via Consumer Direct.

Then send them an email which, as well as informing them that they have been reported to the relevant authorities, demands a copy of their complaints procedure which they are obliged to supply. If they don't supply it, make the complaint anyway. You may be able to take it to the Financial Ombudsman.

Make it abundantly clear that your stance that the alleged debt is statute barred is final, and that no other correspondence will be entered into on this issue.

SH