Moneyclaim Or N1 Form

Ihatebanks
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having been an avid reader of this forum for some time would like to gauge opinion between using Moneyclaim or the N1 form

I personally have gone down the N1 route for the following reasons

1. You can give a lot more details on your claim

2. You can attach a complete list of charges including dates

3. Possiblity of having Fees reduced or Waived

4. Not having to wait for your case transferred to your local court

5. The clerk at my local Court checked through the claim form for me

The only downside is not being able to access the progress online

I do plan on issuing further claims in the future and just wanted to know

how people have found using moneyclaim does the process take longer due to having to be transfered?

Lloyds TSB - N1 claim issued 18/07/06 - £3440 Offered unconditional settlement 23/08/06

Vodafone-Information Commisioner assessment -default removal -25/07/06

I prefer the N1 route for all the reasons you mention. The only downside is having to physically go to court. There is also likely to be a delay before the claim is issued compared to the relatively instantaneous MCOL process.

At the risk of being repetitive, also remember that claims that are not solely for money (like a DPA non compliance claim) must be issued on an N1.

The only downside is having to physically go to court.

I disagree. I think for people who have never been to court before may not even know where it is, let alone know what goes on in there or what it looks and feels like.

I think it's an important experience for those people, especially if they have to go further like Whizzkid did.

I would do N1 too. I think moneyclaim is a lazy route and society is trying to become far too efficient. That's my personal opinion anyway.:D

[

I must admit a while ago I had to go to court as "the defendant" I was confident I should win but I worried myself silly after all they had a proper lawyer and everything!

Any way on the day of the hearing we were summoned to the chambers the clerk of the court was very friendly and gave good advise as to how to address the judge etc which put me at ease,needless to say the judge was very easy to get on with let me explain my side of things in plain english asked me a few questions and then seemed to really let rip into the claimant and thier cocky solictor after a quick dressing down dismissed the case:D

I took my N1 at 2pm and it was issued the following day so there wasn't that much of a delay the Court Staff seem very friendly and approachable I would recommend this route,however sometimes finding the time to get to the court could be a problem

Lloyds TSB - N1 claim issued 18/07/06 - £3440 Offered unconditional settlement 23/08/06

however sometimes finding the time to get to the court could be a problem

True, but if you're serious, you'd make time, and use big brother time to do other things.

Oh I'm feeling opinionated today. I think I'll shut up now. This is highly unlike me. I hope I've not offended anyone.:)

[

Hi folks

Am new here, so I hope you dont mind my putting my 2 pennies worth in!. I agree with Vampiress. Go to Court. It may sound trite, but Court staff are very helpful and judges are always sympathetic to what's called Litigants in Person. (No, I am not a lawyer, either, I have some basic knowledge, that's all). Judges do not like the attitude that the man in the street can be browbeaten by the big organisations. The most difficult thing is actually going to the Court itself, but like most stressful situations once you make up your mind to do it, that's the first step. If you go to Court you will know exactly what's happening on your case and after all, you wouldnt want to miss the best bit - when they lose!!

Loopy

I am so pleased this thread got started as I was originally going to go with the moneyclaim option but will definitley do the N1. How do I get an N1 form? Do I just go to the court?

Capital One : £200.00 - Prelim sent then £68.00 put into a/c. N1 issued 08/08/06 for £132.00 + £19.54 @8% - Total Refund received

Monument: £532.00 + £96.11@8%. N1 issued 08/08/06. Defending claim.

Nationwide: Claiming £4835.87

£4593.53 paid back 18/08/06 Emailed Charles Bacon 21/08/06 to get the difference of 242.34 paid back.

NatWest: Prelim sent 22/08/06 for £1018.00. N1 issued 08/09/06. Filed judgement and received cheque for 1366.97 (inc interest) 28/09/06

Topshop: Total refund received £102.00 after 1st Letter

:p:lol: :lol: :p

There is a PDF in the libary which you can fill in and print it off you need to take 3 copies to the court

Particulars of claim are also in the libary

I disagree. I think for people who have never been to court before may not even know where it is, let alone know what goes on in there or what it looks and feels like.

Actually i was thinking about this today-i've not been to court and not sure where my nearest one is-so i agree with vampiress, it probably is a good idea to get a feel for the place-even if it's only brief.

Thanks, i'll investigate this week while i am off work.

Nona:|

[CENTER][SIZE=2][I][COLOR=DarkOrange]Any advice offered is only my opinion, based on my experience with my claim [/COLOR][/I][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2] I won my case because[/SIZE] I READ THESE FIRST[/COLOR][/SIZE] [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/"][COLOR=red]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/[/COLOR][/URL] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3]Halifax[/SIZE][COLOR=YellowGreen]-[/COLOR][/COLOR][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red][COLOR=YellowGreen]SETTLED IN FULL[/COLOR] :D:D:D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta] [COLOR=SeaGreen]Prelim letter sent [COLOR=Black]10/07/06[/COLOR] Moneyclaim issued [COLOR=Black]07//08/06[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Settled in full[/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]15/08/06 [SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=1]Survey completed. Donation made[/SIZE].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][COLOR=Navy]Thanks to Dave and Bankfodder, and all who have given their time and advice[/COLOR]:)[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][COLOR=Black]Co-op Bank Visa[/COLOR] Settled after LBA (only £61 but hey ho, every penny counts) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#00bfff] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]