Sent Prelim - What next??

rodrigum81
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6472 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

Ok so after reading all information on this website I sent a Data Protection letter asking for copies of my statements upto 6 years. They sent my cheque bank and told me that the duplicates would arrive in batches, so I waited. After a couple of days I got about 50 envelopes delivered, but noticed that they were 2 copies of the same statements and they were incomplete. So I sent a further letter and specified which dates were missing and after about 1 week they sent another batch of statements again duplicates of duplicates but finally I had a complete set of 6 years worth. So I sent my prelim letter on Friday.

So what next??

now you wait :)

i sent my prelim a week ago and ive heard nothing yet. I'm hoping thats because they are scraping together the money they owe me. i wonder how they will explain all this expenditure when they report profits etc. they are hardly likely to say "oh that yeah we were paying back money we xxxxx from our unsuspecting customers" :rolleyes:

EDITED - Please refrain from the use of language that may be libelous. This can have repercussions for our site, as well as the user.

• 2 weeks later...

yes thats the one you need to send, once the 14 days have elapsed

• Confused 1

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

now you wait :)

i sent my prelim a week ago and ive heard nothing yet. I'm hoping thats because they are scraping together the money they owe me.

Hi Rodrigum81,

You may not even receive a reply once you have sent your LBA but don't worry. If they do not reply or if they make you an offer then just proceed to the next stage and file your MCOL (make sure you have read and then re-read the FAQ's thouroughly before attempting this to ensure you know what you are doing as it is very important that you understand it)

I filed my MCOL and then 2 days later I received an offer. I am not acceptng this so I have simply written back telling them so and I am proceeding with my court claim. I'll keep you updated if you want so that you can get an idea of what may happen.

On the other hand, you may very well receive a reply shortly and even an offer of full settlment. Every case is different (well most are if you know what I mean) so don't worry. It won't be long before you are celebrating with a glass of champers!;)

• Confused 1