Who called 'Equity Group' an insurance Company?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5602 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I truly believe that anyone that even considers insuring their car with Equity Group Insurance, seriously needs brain surgery.

This is a 'Company' who seem to be unable to deal with a claim properly whatever the circumstances. Let me enlighten you with two examples:

1) Two drivers work for Dominos Pizza Delivery. They both pay into the Company insurance scheme (Equity Group!) to protect their vehicles,

and when one of them accidentally reverses out of a car parking space outside the shop and hits the other drivers car, guess what happens? Two claims go in and only one is accepted! Even though both drivers are Equity Clients. Did Customer Care listen? No! This saga needed the threat of Court Action and a letter to their CEO before any movement was made.

2) An Equity Group customer drivers her car into the back of another car, in Sept 2008. Details are exchanged and the offending driver admits blame and puts in a claim. The damage to the car that was struck was a dent behind the rear bumper that could be easily fixed at a moderate cost. But what do Equity Claims do? They send a notice to DVLA and write the car off under category C without even talking to its owner. They then send a cheque for a paltry amount 'in full and final settlement!'.

This action caused no end of problems for the owner of the innocent vehicle. The damage was so slight that it was virtually invisible unless you looked behind the bumper, yet Equity took it upon themselves to write the car off not on category D which would have been the correct action, but on category C which deems it to be seriously damaged!

Would their customer services listen and put matters right - No.

Would I even consider Equity Group insurance - Not on your nelly. If I ever have the bad luck for an Equity Claims driver to run into me, I won't ask for his insurance details, I'll simply ask HIM/HER for the cost of repairs and sue him/her in the small claims if he/she doesn't pay.

So, if you're thinking of changing to Equity Group Insurance, I suggest you think again, and hope you don't run into me!