• Tweets

• There are example threads where AOS is done but defences are submitted late, it happens, sometimes because MCOL is broken! As the claimant you will be able to reference a late filing and request it be struck out for not following Court Directions, for example if the defendant arrived at court with it on the day without submitting... but I believe there is some (slight) wriggle room for defendants (reasons depending) on late defence. I believe you just need to continue your claim, no defence and not following court directions will almost certainly strengthen your case
    • I'm afraid it's against site rules to recommend lawyers. You could look on the Law Society's Find a Solicitor page for local firms with the right expertise, or google nwnf lawyers in the uk, then check out reviews on social media, review websites and so on, to see how other people rate them. 403 - The Law Society SOLICITORS.LAWSOCIETY.ORG.UK HB
    • Thanks for that information. I seem to think they have similar names and similar addresses and I thought it was Aldi that was offering the great deal that attracted you to that car park. So we are still stuck with Nexus. Please do not call DCBL about a settlement figure.The first reason is that they have your telephone number which is not something you want to give to those vultures as you rightly call them. They will then harass you on the phone and try and send you last minute details the day before the case -which they shouldn't do. And second they are already charging you £60 to £70 more than they should lawfully, to that they will then add the Court costs that they haven't yet paid or incurred and then say that they will give you this great offer of £150 to avoid going to court.Big deal-not. Were it around £50 that would be a better deal but they would not accept that.   
    • Hugo, how are you getting on? the deadlines can creep up on you. It's useful to have a week or two in drafting a defence, so you can understand it for yourself before submitting. Read other like threads for examples and tailor to suit you. Get one drafted and posted (without personal info) and let us take a look
    • OK thx jk2054 I'll go that route, does anybody have any positive reviews of NWNF law firms they've had experience with? I did consider InjuryLawyers4u, but apparently they're more of a broker, & who you end up dealing with can be hit & miss.  Would rather try & get a sharp firm that are on-top of things if possible.   
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Mortgage Securitisation - Preferred

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thats odd when i queried the libor for March Crapstone told me it was 2.2% not according to this chart though. How they get away with it beggers belief mine is due to go onto libor in June so i will watch with great interest what they try and charge me

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

EIE

I do not think you have the correct Libor rates, there are Sterling and dollar rates, you seem to have posted the dollar rates which have been significantly lower.

Honestly I dont know how you will be doing this so called audit when you dont really have enough information to start the process.

Perhaps, your auditor is going to do it all for you. good luck,

Ok Vick

Well pointed out. But nonetheless easily corrected. (If need be)

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

And to rather prove the point I was quoted a completely different Libor rate in March from the one Uneverdid has quoted.

Chancers. Chancers. Chancers.

Don't give me that auditor rubbish. I'm not blind. And don't be so certain that it is the US LIBOR either, after all LONDON INTERBANK OFFERING RATE is what I believe it stands for.

Are you a troll or a helper? If you're a helper post the correct UK LIBOR tables.

Thanks.

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

2.05 BUT A SHOCKING ADD ON of 800 basis points.

The feckers will rue the day.

However none of it makes sense anyway. The rather sarcastic "good luck with your auditor" rather gives the game away. Trolls afoot. Means we're onto something.

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

Hi

BPS otherwise known as basis points. It's easy - 1% cut or rise equals 100 basis points. Hence a half point cut in the interest rate (or rise) equals one half of one percent, or 50 basis points.

Cheers. EIE.

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

OK. Got annoyed by that little unnecessary diversion but the sarcasm has done us a favour. In practice there's not a cigarette paper between them anyway.

take a look at this.

Libor: Latest inter-bank lending rate with charts | This is Money

BBA – British Bankers' Association - Libor Home

Seems that historic Libor data is a little bit less accessible here than it is stateside, surprise surprise.

Edited by enoughisenough
typos

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

Oh and This.

Bit fiddly but it gives the data going way back. Hover over the graph and it gives the Libor %age.

Graphs > Historical LIBOR - London InterBank Offered Rates - HousePriceCrash.co.uk

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

AND THIS. It appears to be US Sourced but is very CLEARLY the UK 3 month LIBOR. REad the notes at the bottom and compare any of these historic rates with say the BBA and you will find they are the same.

LIBOR Rates History (Historical)

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

Sorry. You might be a bit late to this thread. However if you read back through it you'll see what the point is. Post again by all means if you are still not clear.

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

I got my details through on libor staing that it is 5.00% above BoE base rate,so paying 5.50%. LMC stated that it has been that rate since mar 2007 when our discounted rate ended.

Does that sound about right?

Edited by littledotty27
more info

Your imagination is running a bit wild EIE, Troll? me?.

If it tickles your fancy to think I am a troll, then by all means go ahead and think so.

To be quite honest I have enough of a fight on my hands with my own mortgage lender, I do not have time to be a troll on these boards.

As someone said before the Libor changes on a daily basis, it is either they will use an average or they will use the value on a particular day of the month.

In order to do an audit of your interest rate changes, you will need to have all this information, this is the point I was trying to point out.

Also true that the specific information is not readily available in the UK unless you are paying for it.

In reading these threads we must try to weed out the fantacies from the facts.

do not think you have the correct Libor rates, there are Sterling and dollar rates, you seem to have posted the dollar rates which have been significantly lower. Honestly I dont know how you will be doing this so called audit when you dont really have enough information to start the process.

Perhaps, your auditor is going to do it all for you. good luck,

Troll? Perhaps not then. Comment withdrawn. TBH I'm fighting on numerous fronts here and I haven't lost one yet. I've even faced down a bank on charges in court during the stay so I guess I'm doing something right.

Let me say exactly what I meant. I thought you were being unnecessarily sarcastic and condescending in your above post. If that was not your intention just drop it here and now.

Of course I'm going to do things right, and it's perfectly sensible to be digging around making the odd error in order to facilitate that process before I go to an auditor, in addition to which, that is why I'm engaging the services of an auditor. To get it right.

I never said you were a troll. I just asked if you were one. Do you have the correct UK Libor figures and if so could you post them. You would be helping a lot of people. Incidentally I don't see that they are

"significantly lower" in the US.

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

Hi little Dotty, you need to check your original mortgage agreement when i did mine i was on fixed rate for 2 years then my new payments revert to 3.4 (i think thats right) plus the current 3 month libor rate.

Fingers crossed as it stands now it means i will be £200 better off from July. I do have to remember though that if the libor goes up so does my payments. The libor rate used by Crapstone is the 3 month one with June 1st being the next rate they use. Are you back on a fixed rate or on a variable one. If so do you get regular letters informing you of the changing libor rates.

N

Insofar as Libor variation is concerned it has, as ever, gone in one direction when it has suited them and stayed static in respect of the less suitable direction.

This may not apply to all but it has definitely applied to some. The outright unlawful nature of this practice probably or likely justifies a rescission of contract.

SO if you have not had your payments varied at least four times a year, even by a couple of quid, then most likely, by default (if I can use that word!) you have been unlawfully charged.

They must change your payment on the 3 month LIBOR and if they don't it's highly unikely that there is a valid and lawful contractual reason, unless of course two consecutive 3 monthly LIBOR rates are identical or at least near identical to not warrant an adjustment in payments. This is unlikely, though granted conceivable.

In an unlikely but genuine outbreak of sympathy for them I'd genuinely feel sorry for the poor buggers if they were having to vary everybody's mortgage payment and send out the letters for a piddling change in LIBOR at 3 decimal points. But since they don't I can't feel sorry for them AT ALL.

Edited by enoughisenough
typo jobby (again)! Note to self Type properly in the 1st place

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

Whenever I get notified about my payments changing the letters are sent to our previous addresses. Strange that ay seeing they manage to eviction letters etc etc sent to the correct address.

Another bullet in the heart. Not a silver one but a bullet nonetheless. Incompetence or willful? mmm... interesting...

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

hi, but surely the letters littledotty gets should also state the new libor rate. Little Dotty Crapstone change their next libor rate on 1st June so perhaps you could ring and ask them to send you the new libor rates details after this date.