Challenge Marbles Card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5482 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello to All,

I am looking for advice on challenging Marbles card regarding a credit card agreement signed in 2005. I am struggling to pay this card (and others) and the fact that interest has gone up from 15% to 32% does not help.

I believe I can challenge the actual agreement that was signed in 2005 so that I can have the interest frozen but I think I will have to be quick as Marbles has sold this dept on to another company who are due to take over in February.

Any help will be gratefully received.

David

Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry I haven't replied sooner but I've been ripping my house apart trying to find the credit card agreement.

I made a slight error in my first post and I have actually had this card since about 1998. I have today requested my credit card agreement from Marbles so I await their response.

I will let you know the outcome of this request.

Plutoblue

My advice would be to CCAct request all your cards now before you go into arrears.

Once they pass the 12 +2 days you can stop payment with no action required on your part, you are just waiting for the agreement, interest is also frozen.

If the have a vaild agreement let them show you a copy, then decide your next move, it gives you the initiative.

Plus any enforcement action has a complete defence - no agreement copy provided.

They will continue to add interest and charges for this period but until a copy is sent to you can challenge its legality regardless of if they had a valid agreement that they produce at a later date.

Doing the same myself, 2 months now and nothing not even an application pimped up as a credit agreement. Latest news is, 'we are not taking enforcement action...until Feb', while in the same letter saying the dispute is now resolved.

Watch out for the DCAs they will threaten to sell your mother into slavery if they think it will motivate you to start paying them money again.

Spend some serious time reading the FAQ, template letters etc so you have an idea what the score is.

This thread is a good place to start. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/162851-consumer-credit-agreements.html?nojs=1#links Thanks for the solyent - green is made out of people.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Ragtaggeorge for the info.

I finally recevied the paperwork from HFC and it seems to be an application form with accompanying letter, almost exactly the same as:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/172734-hfc-agreement-enforcable.html?highlight=marbles

apart from the fact that my copy is almost unreadable.

I think I need to go into offical dispute with HFC now before the account is passed over to Aviemore in February. I am thinking of using this template: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/45691-letter-templates-creditors.html from 42man.

I would be grateful if anybody knows whether there is a minimum or maximum account balance because I seem to remember reading somewhere that it had to be between £5000-£10,000 although I can't see why it should make a difference but would like to be certain.

Thanks

Plutoblue

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again,

Is it usual for HFC to completely ignore an In Dispute notice?

HFC received the notice on 30th Jan 2009 but seem to be totally ignoring it. They have sent me a letter of default and are still adding interest to the account.

There is no mention of my dispute in any correspondence.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dave

• 2 months later...

Hello All,

I have had an alert on my credit report that I am two payments late on what I think (judging by the amount) is my marbles card. However the note has been put on my file by Halifax Credit Card Services. I am confused as I didn't think Halifax had anything to do with Marbles.

Any info or advice?

Thanks in advance

David

• 4 weeks later...

Hello folks again,

The Marbles saga continues and I'm now as well as getting numerous phone calls throughout the day during the week, they are now calling at 8.15am on sunday morning as well and have put late payment notices on my credit file as well.

The funny thing is, I have another credit card which only has a £1,000 limit which is up to date with payments have informed me today that when the card runs out in June they will not reissue another one.

I'm thinking it's time I take further action so any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

David

Hi

Can anybody point me to a letter template, that will smack marbles for

phone harrassment, putting late payment entries on my credit report

oh and still charging interest on my account that has been in dispute for a few months.

thanks

David