Welcome Finance

woodwa5
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5643 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took out a secured loan with Welcome several years ago and since then my house has been reposessed. Welcome haven't really been hassling me until September when one of their oiks turned up on my doorstep saying they have been trying to get in touch with me. I asked him how and they didn't have an answer (in other words it was a lie, shock!). Today I have found out from my employer that in September they sent through to ascertain as to whether i am still employed by them. They asked welcome for my authorisation to give that information out and Welcome never contacted them back. I do intend to address this particular debt in the near future (once i have sorted myself out) and there was a 5k ppi that i will claim back on it (the original loan was for 10k and they said i had to take the insurance and i could never have claimed on it due to my employment).

I have asked my employer to send the faxes that welcome sent them through the internal post, what should I do next?

Woodwa5

Do not allow anyone to have access to your personal information and refuse to allow your employer to communicate with them at any stage.

Get copies of the faxes sent to your employer and make a complaint to Trading Standards and OFT, they shouldn't be contacting your employer. this is a definite breach of the OFT guidelines

If anyone turns up at your home, tell them to "go Forth" or your own choice of words, they have no more right to attend your property than the ice cream man and about as much authority.

If they do attempt to contact you, simply tell them to put it in writing and then hang up/ slam the door

Guest suziedarkness

Hi Woodwa,

I have a similar problem to you.

Welcome are a ruthless bunch of a******* and try anything. As you have previously been advised, do not entertain them in any way other than in writing.

When did you take the loan out?

If I were you I would send them a CCA request in the first instance, this will cost you £1.

If they cannot send you a copy then game over for them but if they do, chances are its unenforceable in some way anyway.

If you have a copy already, can you post it up on here so we can have a look. Dont forget to blank out all personal details and anything that can identify you.

Suzie

Thanks Suzie,

I think you are right. wHAT i WILL DO HOWEVER IS PLAY THE WAITING GAME FOR A WHILE. tHEY HAVE NOT TRIED TO CONTACT ME FOR SEVERAL MONTHS NOW AND when they do I will hit them with an S.A.R and a CCA request and report them to the OFT and trading standards re them contacting my employers