mbna

susannah752
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6515 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Does anyone know if you can claim back the new £12 charges they have now started, as I read that the OFT have suggested they cut their charges to £12,

and I have been charged a £12 late payment fee?

Many Thanks

susannah

Jeez, will we ever learn ? (joking)

Hmmm, I wasn't aware that they had reduced the charge down as I haven't received a new statement for a couple of months so I am supposed to guess what my monthly payments are !

Anyway, no harm in experimenting. I haven't come accross anybody with the £12 charge yet.

What I would say is , have you had any other charges that go back when they were £25, £20, £15 etc ? Have you claimed them back yet ? If not, add them all up and claim the new £12 as well, they won't argue for the sake of £12.

Also, MBNA will say that the OFT have said £12 is acceptable, this is not true. The OFT have said that over £12 is the limit at which they would take action. The same principle still applies, does it really cost them £12 for you missing a payment ? Of course not.

Crikey I am rambling here, If i was you i would i'd go for it. it's less hassle for them to refund it than argue with you, get on to the advocates office ! :rolleyes: