Dismissed while ill?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5617 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I hope someone can help me with this, the situation is a little suspect in my mind.

Last Thursday (4th Decemeber) I pulled the ligaments in my back while getting ready for work, I was in masses of pain and could barely move to the point were I panicked and got my brother to call an ambulance. They didn't send an ambulance, but they did send a paramedic out to take a look at me and get me on my feet again (I have the paramedic report).

While I was waiting I got my brother to find a phone number for work, but he couldn't find one so I asked him to use my email and send a letter to one of the guys in my office. I later called him to explain what was going on. Later that same day I had a doctors appointment (which I got thankfully with help from the paramedic or it would have been the next day) and my doctor signed me off for two weeks pending return to him. I called work again explain what was going on now and everything seemed fine.

I called the agency I work for on Friday morning and told them what was happening and posted my certificate on Saturday morning. So to me everything was fine and I just had to get back on my feet properly so I could go back to work on Christmas week. My plan was that I'd go back to my doctor Tuesday or Wednesday and go back to my normal part time job the same week (a few days ahead of the suggested time). But this morning (Saturday 13) I got a letter from the agency saying that due to lowered orders within the company, my services were no longer required.

Is it just me or does that seem a little to coincidental?

As an agency worker your rights for sickness are slightly different to a proper contracted worker - your contract is between you and the agency, not between you and the employer. The agency is your employer and I would now ask for a copy of their complaints procedure.

Thanks, I'll do that on Monday when I call them up to pathetically ask them to find me another placement asap. Christmas is not the best time to fire someone, sometimes I think these people are just heartless!