gargoil v Alliance&Leicester

gargoil
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6405 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Theire letter says this...(make sme almost feel sorry for them...not)

Whilst, we have decided to reduce our default charges to £12 with effect from 28 June for late payments and returned payments, and 28 July for overlimit fees, I note that you are unwilling to accept the recommendations set out by the OFT in their recent statement (What does this refer to?) Indeed we have already completed a goodwill payment of £370.00 in th elight of these recommendations. In addition, following the fact that your account registered as a default with the CRA's on 31 October 2005, and th efact we have not received a payment since 5th April 2005, we have incurred significant losses

Erm you sold the debt! I would hav econtinued to pay to you if youhadn't sold it so don't be complaining now you have received no payments!!!!

The letter goes on to say....

Although I am satisfied that we have acted correctly, and in accordanc with th eterms and conditions of your credit agreement, I have taken steps to credit your account with a further £581.00, as a gesture of goodwill. This action is taken on a without prejudice basis and in full and final settlement of this matter. We will liaese with the purschasers of your account to ensur ethi samount is removed from your outstanding debt

The outstanding debt is now with DL&C who have defaulted by not supplying the original signed agreement and hav enow commite da criminal offence.dealing with that seperately.

Am I doing the right thing by insisting they were too late and are liable for interest court fee etc. Am I able if required able to apply for a judgement from the cour tso they pay the amount to me rather than taking it off my balance to another company!!! Help!!!!

BOS

Claim No.3 for £589.75+8%, Decree received, Sheriffs Officers instructed to serve a charge 21/4!

Claim No.4:- claiming £1507.00, Court Papers submitted 5/4 !

PLease start your own thread and you are more likely to get help that way!

I don't think the moderators will be too happy about your use of CAPS either.

BOS

Claim No.3 for £589.75+8%, Decree received, Sheriffs Officers instructed to serve a charge 21/4!

Above letter posted to Mr Johnson who has signed the received letter as assistant vice president! There pulling out the big kahuna now!!! :D

BOS

• 1 month later...

Got a barely audible answerphone message to call them, phoned up the number but the person who called me is not available, they are going to phone back later! :)

BOS

oops!!! Apparantly I made a mistake calculating out the total of my charges and asked for £60 more but they are going to refund that anyway to me as it would be a lot of hassle for them to contest etc etc. They are sending out a cheque for the full amount plus court fee tomorrow!!! :D

BOS