• Tweets

• Thank you, contact by writing only I take it?      Would it still be worth offering to pay the station directly?    they have it all over their posters the admin fee is non negotiable, but I know it’s unlawful and cannot be enforced.    also is there a data breach as I have not agreed to my data being shared? DVLA for example giving details to shady companies like this….
    • I have today received the following email from Moorcroft regarding my Fluid account. What is the best way to respond to this? We act on behalf of FLUID and would like to speak to you on a personal business matter. Please contact us on 0161 475 2903 or via our website www.mdrl.co.uk as soon as possible. Calls to the above telephone number will be charged at standard rate. If you would prefer that we call you back please email us at [email protected] with your contact number ensuring that your reference number is quoted.  
    • According to this DCBL letter, their client is Euro Car Parks Limited. Has the keeper possibly got more than one PCN on the go?   The keeper has been fortunate then. PPC's can use the "original" keeper info from DVLA to pursue their charge. They don't have to keep checking DVLA for changes of address. The keeper should now write to Euro Car Parks and update them with the current address to avoid any chance of a back door CCJ. Make sure a proof of postage is obtained and keep it safe...
    • as the other threads here contact FE and offer to pay for the £23 of petrol, NOT any unlawful  admins fees they try and con you out of,  as this has not been pointed out. can i just make it perfectly clear that forecourteye have ZERO legal powers they are NOT BAILIFFS and can do stuff and all only the garage franchise owner could ever do anything, and that would be a civil matter in a county court. thread title updated
    • Thank you so much Andy, I am making the amendments to my witness statement now.   Would you be happy to take a final look over the document when I have finished?  In terms of the bundle I need to send, the claimants sent the following documents - should I include the same documents with my bundle or is there no need to?    Description 1 Claim form 2 Order of the Court dated 15/06/2023 3 Note of Hearing dated 12/07/2023 4 Order setting aside Judgement dated 21/07/2023 5 Order of the Court date 01/09/2023 6 Draft Defence resubmitted on 11/09/2023 7 Notice of Change dated 22/09/2023 8 Directions Order dated 13/02/2024 9 Witness Statement 10 Appendices
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

gargoil v Alliance&Leicester

gargoil
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Data protection Act Subject Access Request sent today recorded delivery in respect to a Visa Card I had from 2000-late 2004. Not sure how much charges were applied, don't think it'll be a great amount but so far with my other accounts I've underestimated each one so I guess I'll just have to wait and see! Let battle commence!! :)

BOS

Claim No.3 for £589.75+8%, Decree received, Sheriffs Officers instructed to serve a charge 21/4!

Claim No.4:- claiming £1507.00, Court Papers submitted 5/4 !

• 2 weeks later...

Best of luck

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Received an acknowledgement today. Kind of.

"Thank you for contacting us. We will ensure that you receive a full written response within 28 days from the date of receipt of your complaint."

Since when was a DPA subject access request a complaint? Oh well, at least I know they've got it! :)

BOS

Claim No.3 for £589.75+8%, Decree received, Sheriffs Officers instructed to serve a charge 21/4!

• 2 weeks later...

CCA request sent to DL&C regarding this debt today! :)

Still no statements through after a month!!!!!! :(

BOS

They still have time yet.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

CCA received on 19/8, checked on line so they have 12 days ending on 5/9 to reply! :)

BOS

DL&C acknowledged receiving cca this morning saying they have requested the cca info from MBNA (supplier of A&L credit cards!) The letter also states that they have"noted my comments" and that this process could take some time!!!Fine by me!! :)

Still no response about DPA SAR though!! :(

BOS

Phoned them up today even though they have still a few days left and it has been posted out today apparantly, so hopefully I'll receive later this week!! Hopefully there will be loads of charges on this account!!

:)

BOS

hehe , its funny how everyone wants lots of charges on their accounts in these cases 8)

im really wanting everyone to test A&L's resolve in continuing to close people accounts after the payback though, even if you never intend to use it again, its wrong that they do this and it needs stopping along with all the other stuff they do.

The balance from my account was sold on DL&C which I'm paying up monthly. I have had this account for 6 years+ so I expect(hope) the charges will amount to more than I owe and I can tell DL&C to go f*&k themselves!! ;) In the nicest possible way of course!!

BOS

Received a nice letter from Rachael at A&L after I spoke to her on the phone yesterday....

"Dear gargoil

account:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to you; however, our investigations are taking longer than anticipated. We will provide you with a full written response within 10 working days.

Yours sincerely

Rachael Claridge

Custromer Advocate Office Department Manager"

Very polite, but not polite enough to butter me up. If the info isn't here by Monday then the LBA for non-compliance is going out!!!

:D

BOS

DL&C who now own this debt are currently chasing me. They still have a few days left of the initial 12days to act on the cca request. They phoned and I just said they would need to write to me regarding this matter as I don't deal with financial matters by telephone. I sent them this email.For reference their email address is [email protected].

"

Your Client: - MBNA (ref Alliance&Leicester Credit Card)

Account Number: - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Sir/Madam

Further to your letter of 21st August 2006 and telephone call of 1st September 2006.

Please take this as formal notification that this debt is now the subject of legal action with Alliance&Leicester, and therefore cannot be enforced by you, or any other Debt Collection Agency.

I would therefore suggest that any further correspondence be directed to Alliance&Leicester.

Should you attempt any enforcement action the matter will be reported to Trading Standards, and any legal action will be vigorously defended.

Best Regards

William Algie

www.consumeractiongroup.com"

BOS

Is it the subject of legal action yet? I didn't think you had even made a request for payment yet as your SAR had not been sorted yet. Who owns the debt? Have you told them that the account is in dispute? Make sure that you have all your facts accurate or you could have problems, and they won't take you seriously. If necessary do some more research on the site to make absolutely sure that you fully understand everything and the processes you need to follow.

I am sorry if I have my facts wrong, but this is my understanding of the situation from reading your thread so far.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Don't worry I realised this myself and changed the wording of the letter myself before sending it. They are now a couple of days over the 40 day limit for the Data Protection Act S.A.R - (Subject Access Request). If this mornings postman doesnt have a big envelope from A&L then I have the 7 day LBA ready to be sent off to them. Also it is now 12 day since I sent the cca request to DL&C regarding this account requesting original signed agreement and they have not provided it as yet so I guess they are in derfault. Can someone clarify that I don't have to do anything this now regarding this matter except wait for 30 calendar days from today and then it is legally unenforceable?

BOS

Ok phoned up A&L. There excuse is that A&L credit cards changed to MBNA control in early 2003. The delay is getting statements from A&L for before 2003. The guy I spoke to is phoning A&L dept that deals with this and then giving me a ring back within the next 15 mins. He did agree that I should have had it within 40 days( now expired!) I requested he send out th epost 3003 statements straight to me today and earlier ones he is getting back to me about!! I won't hold my breath!!

BOS

Ok, just had the call back from A&L. Think it was someone who actually works for MBNA who handle A&L credit cards. He says there is a massive backlog and that what they are now doing if people chase them up is just sending out a list of charges that have been applied to the account instead of full statements so people het them quicker. He is sending out today 2003 to present list of charges to me. He said that I will now also receive a good will gesture offer on these charges by post and he said it was up to me if I accepted or proceeded with further action. A&L will get the earlier statements to me asap. I have sent out the LBA to get them to hurry it up. The guy I spoke to was really friendly and helpful so I'm confident I'll receive the post 2003 list of charges soon!!! :)

BOS

PS He also said he's returning my £10 SAR fee as its taking so long! ;)

BOS

Still nothing received today so phoned them up again and spoke to th esame person. He says that the list of charges and an offer of goodwill was posted on friday so I should have it in the next day or so. This is only the charge ssince MBNA took control of A&L cc's. He is going to phone A&L and chase up the SAR info for 2001-2003 for me. I will give them until Monday next week to supply me with all th einfo or I will put in a court summons. Am going to court next Monday to put a few claims in against other banks so may as well do this at the same time. I am very intriged by how many charges will be on this account and how much their goodwill gesture will be.

BOS

Ok, they now have the earlier statements from A&L up to 2003 and they are photocopying them for their own records and sending them out so I will have them this week. I won't hold my breath!!!

BOS

Yey!! Got all my stuff in this morning and calculated £951 of charges! Also returned my £10 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) fee and there was a standardised letter...our charges are in the t&c's...blah,blah,blah.....charges are valid,fair and enfourceable...blah,blah,blah....we would like to resolve this matter. So would I!!

It then says....

I have therefore requested a goodwill cheque payment of £370. I trust that you will find this an acceptable resolution. Please note that it may take up to ten working days for this cheque to be received

I hadn't even mentione danything about bank charges yet. Theres nothing to sign or say that this is a final settlement etc. So will adapt a prelim letter saying thank you for the cheque now you have 14 days to give me the rest.

The one comlication I have is taht the balance of this card was sold to DL&C and I have cca'd them and they have so far after 20 odd days have failed to produce any documentation. Am I still ok to chase these charges? What are th eimplications of doing both at once?

BOS

Prelim letter now posted saying I look forward to receiving your goodwill cheque but I require full repayment! :)

BOS

Ok just got in and theres a message on my answerphone from A&L from the guy I spoke to about getting my SAR info. I take it he has just got my prelim letter. I basically said in my prelim that I wanted the full amount, thanks for the offer of a cheque for £370 and I look forward to receiving it but I will be reclaiming the entire lot! He wants me to phone him back. Do you think this is a good idea or I should not bother and just wait until he writes to me?

BOS

If you are happy to and confident that you will not be persuaded into accepting less, then no problem....

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I won't bother phoning, I'll just wait and send my LBA as per timetable as I received a cheque for £370 this morning. No letter or with compliments slip. Was posted out before I even sent my prelim or mentioned "charges". Its good as well as if I have to put court papers in it means my claim is now below the small claims limit in Scotland and I won't have to severe. :D

• Confused 1

BOS