14 Services -Private Parking Ticket- Do I pay???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

a 'city' is a big place and this is in a mostly residential area,

least to mention that it's the same piece of land that my apartment block is on, owned by the same company that i bought my apartment off, and that I pay maintenence to.

not that any of that is the issue at hand - the issue at hand is a private company issuing 'PCNs' on postcoded public access roads.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

c43

The general idea in this site is to help each other

Such comments as "ignorant freeloader" are not helpful and especially not from one such as yourself who has a limited post history of 2

In future, if you feel this way about such things, stay off the parking related forums and keep your blood pressure lower

I would add that I find it somewhat suspicous that you would seek out this forum and then in your 2nd post attempt to back up the private parking companies attitude, but maybe thats just me

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

I see nothing wrong with IEA CIEOs issuing PCNs on roads adjoining carparks where they hold the contract for enforcement.

Yes we all know your views Mr PPC Troll. The question is that the paper that they issue is about as enforcable as toilet paper. There is also the question of the dubious legality of these "invoices".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you really expect there to be free parking areas in a city like Bristol?

No reason why not.

For a while (I am not sure it still holds) Sunderland was one big free parking area as the authorities had failed to ensure that their signage was legal.

hi everyone! back in october i had a parking ticket from w j parking. after hearing nothing for 3 and a half months i have now had a letter through the post saying i have to pay them £130!it also says that if i wasn't the driver i have to name who was. i have a few questions though. on the parking ticket they have actually put the wrong street name.and am i also correct in thinking that they have to prove who the driver was at the time of the "offence".? i was all set not to pay this, but have been a bit shaken again now after getting this letter.ohh and the other thing is i have seen an heard that w j parking have gone bust, or in recivership,does this not have any effect on what they can send me? cheers overandout.

Do you really expect there to be free parking areas in a city like Bristol?

Why not?

Given that Bristol CC are the biggest bunch of facists you could imagine when it comes to parking. (e.g. They've ridden roughshod over the publics wishes when a residential parking permit was piloted in spite of a majority opposition to it.) They ticket like it's going out of fashion, have reduced the number of on street parking places and repeatedly ballsed up public transport (one of the most expensive bus rides in the country).

So if I found a spot where I could park for nothing I'd be inclined to use it.

OP where abouts did you say it was? :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, i have recieved one of these on tuesday at half 10 at night, same place lime kiln road, i have got in contact with avon and somerset police and they have heard lots about this company, so have trading standards when i called them.

i spoke to the parking warden when he was issueing another ticket to my vehicle and asked where are the signs then?? his responce was 'about' i then continued to **** him off whilst claiming the ticketed vehicle wasnt mine.

i also asked if he had any id, from what i understand parking wardens need to carry one?? is this true?

a friend just took the ticket off his car and set fire to it in front of me as he has had a few and has never recieved a letter from them.

any ideas guys?? shall i continue to pay it / park there??

cheers

i also forgot to mention that just before christmas i had my car towed away due to the council covering up a sign that stated parking times, i take it that its too late to appeal against that??

o i have lots of evidence for that aswell loads of photos and stuff

cheers

Hey, i have recieved one of these on tuesday at half 10 at night, same place lime kiln road, i have got in contact with avon and somerset police and they have heard lots about this company, so have trading standards when i called them.

i spoke to the parking warden when he was issueing another ticket to my vehicle and asked where are the signs then?? his responce was 'about' i then continued to **** him off whilst claiming the ticketed vehicle wasnt mine.

i also asked if he had any id, from what i understand parking wardens need to carry one?? is this true?

a friend just took the ticket off his car and set fire to it in front of me as he has had a few and has never recieved a letter from them.

any ideas guys?? shall i continue to pay it / park there??

cheers

See AI27's reply to the original post, ignore them

The only time I would worry is if they start clamping, but only due to the inconvenience of having to pay to get it removed and then sueing them to get the money back!

Not too sure about your other point , hopefully someone will know......

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

hi everyone! back in october i had a parking ticket from w j parking. after hearing nothing for 3 and a half months i have now had a letter through the post saying i have to pay them £130!it also says that if i wasn't the driver i have to name who was. i have a few questions though. on the parking ticket they have actually put the wrong street name.and am i also correct in thinking that they have to prove who the driver was at the time of the "offence".? i was all set not to pay this, but have been a bit shaken again now after getting this letter.ohh and the other thing is i have seen an heard that w j parking have gone bust, or in recivership,does this not have any effect on what they can send me? cheers overandout.

Doesnt matter, ticket is most probably a waste of space whatever

Ignore all they are saying, its tosh

Can you scan a copy of the ticket (removing your details) and let us see it to comment on content?

As with the others above, does it mention the road traffic act at all?

If so, its unlawful

Quite

Even better!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

I've been reading this thread with great interest, as 14 Services have also tried the same thing on me for parking on Lime Kiln Road, Bristol. However, I made the mistake of writing to appeal before I found your site, and have just received the attached rejection letter. The alleged 'offence' took place before Christmas 08 and the only sineage around seemed to relate to the adjacent building site.

From everything I've seen on your site, I shouldn't be concerned about the attached, however, I'm a bit of a scaredy cat and also I wouldn't want any baliffs arriving at my house and harassing my family if I wasn't there at the time. I've also seen Bernie the Bolt's suggested template letters and was considering replying using the suggested wording.

Any thoughts would be most welcome - Cheers.

09-03 Denied appeal - edit.jpg

put it on tinypic and post the URL up here in some usable form - suitably wash the picture of any personal details first, though zero chance of these jokers taking it to court by the looks of things. keep you own details private its the net and other PPCs trawl it for victims.

Thanks lamma. I was going to write back clarifying that this alledged debt is under dispute (to keep the baliffs at bay? [see Bernie the Bolt advice]) asking the following:

- who is the adjudication officer

- the name of the person who signed the letter

- why is there no right of further appeal

- how is it lawful to refuse to enter into further correspondence

- under which law(s) would the vehicle keeper be liable for anything

and pointing out as I did in my first letter that the laws they refer to in the original PCN do not apply to provate companies and that their demand for payment was illegal. What do you think?

don't waste your stamp - unless you want to get lost of letters from them that you can send to trading Standards later :) Bailiffs have NOTHING to do with this. if PPC takes you to court (won't happen) and you lose (won't happen) and then refuse to pay (can't get this far the train stopped long ago).

• do not pay

• do not contact them

ignore their letters, no matter how threatening

• they will give up and go away after a few letters

Your ticket is an interesting one because it's downright illegal. Councils enforce parking restrictions on the public highway with the Traffic Management Act. To issue private invoices using it as a way to dupe you into paying is fraud.

The police are unlikely to be interested, but send a copy to your local council 's parking department. They should be very interested.

As for you appeal - don't bother as there is no appeals process. A private company fraudulently [causing problems] the public is not going to accept 'appeals'.

As a Civil Enforcement Officer, I agree with the above. If the council has taken over the highways enforcement (as in its been decriminalised in that area). Then the council will issue the PCN, and it should clearly state the councils name etc.

If the council has taken over the highways enforcement (as in its been decriminalised in that area). Then the council will issue the PCN, and it should clearly state the councils name etc.

I would suggest that Councils, even as highway authorities do not take over "highways enforcement"; they may well take over parking enforcement,but rest assured other highways enforcement remains in the hands of the Police

Thanks guys

Darwen - I think you may have missed the point a little. The council have not taken over parking enforcement in this area, it is apparently private land, so my concern is around whether or not the charges are valid and enforceable.

Cheers

Hatchet

I would suggest that Councils, even as highway authorities do not take over "highways enforcement"; they may well take over parking enforcement,but rest assured other highways enforcement remains in the hands of the Police

I was refering to the highways enforcement for that area dealing with "Parking on the highways". I appologise for not making that clear.