Help with Ruthbridge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4948 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What you have to bear in mind with Ruthbridge is that they do chase debts that are staute barred (and on occasion debts that aren't statute barred), so make sure that the debt is NOT (i.e. if you have made no payment or acknowldged the debt in 6 years OR if there is a clear gap of 6 years where you have not made a payment, then it WILL BE Statute barred. If not then send off a CCA request, and bear in mind if you receive a letter stating EXPRESS DELIVERY and you look at the postcode it will be a TW one - this is a ploy to get you to call them, (this is against the OFT's guidelines on debt collection) and as you can see from above, I would only recommend calling them if you can RECORD the call. They NEVER respond to letters you send, and usually the bankruptcy threats are just that. However I would URGE you all to report them to the Office Of Fair Trading and your local MP.....Some DCA's will lie to you to frighten you into paying.....Please record the calls if you can !!

It has now been over 2 moths since I heard from Ruthbridge last! What would you suggest that this means?

Do I have grounds to try and get this charge removed from my credit records?

Any help would be very much welcomed. Thanks in advance for your help.

But another point the ombudsman pointed out to me was that because payments have been made in any period in the previous 6 years to the financial companies that it in itself is an admission of knowing you owe the debt, and the company does not need to produce the orriginal cca to prove the debt.

Nobody seems to have picked up on this point!

If this really happened and the poster didn't just mis-understand we need desperately to find out who this person was and let the ombudsman's service know they are giving out information that is not only incorrect but potentially damaging.

Anybody else agree?

• 1 year later...