CSL threatening Court on Account in Dispute

beanpole
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5537 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone again,

Any advice welcome on recent events on a disputed account:

Originally, AMEX used RMA Resolve to collect on an account and when things escalated I wrote politely and challenged back:

I CCA'd RMA with the £1 payment using understanding of the 74 Act etc and was informed by RMA that they were passing account back, as AMEX were unable to provide documents. They confirmed I would not be hearing from them again :).

However, very soon after this, I received a letter demanding full payment from Credit Solutions Ltd (CSL), including a large sum added for their 'handling fee' :rolleyes:

So I wrote, quoting 'Account in Dispute' 'I do not owe you any money' etc and pointed out their breach of the law and OFT Guidelines etc, in that they could not collect on a debt in dispute.

They proceeded to send letters, offering large discounts for early settlement and even wrote to 'the occupier' asking for information about me...:eek:.

So most recently, they have written again, ignoring my correspondence and now threaten to take me to court, with the usual threats of what might happen to me, if I do not pay or telephone them within 7 days :evil:.

So, I have written again, refusing any payment, reminding them of my previous statements of fact, that they are not allowed to collect on a clearly disputed debt, that AMEX have failed to provide CCA and that CSL are now not only breaching CCA '74, OFT Debt Collection guidelines but also Data Protection and that this is now a matter of complaint to the financial bodies and Trading Standards etc - I have asked for a copy of their complaint procedure, but again, nothing !

I have told them that I'd be happy to point out their breaches in court and told them again to pass the account back to AMEX, as they are not getting anything from me.

So I'm waiting for a reply, again, I expect nothing, so would welcome any comments...any others that have had dealings with CSL, similar to mine, I'd like to know process, outcome etc......:confused:

Look forward to hearing from you all...

thanks

BP

BeanPole :)

CSL use lots and lots of bluster and it is unlikely they will go any further.

If they do you have already covered all the bases.

You can rest easy.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Thanks Pal' for your comment - as seems usual, it's just the hassle, frustration and time it all takes to point out the law.

Still would welcome any other comments or experience from others.

• 2 months later...

Since the 3rd letter went pointing out that there was no right to collect on a debt in dispute elsewhere (no CA forthcoming) and pointing out the law regarding harassment, it has been a bit quieter....

not to say they won't try again later tho'

BP

:roll:

You should lodge complaints with the OFT, Trading Standards and the FOS.

The OFT do not deal with individual cases so you should word your complaint to them in the form of 'considerations in the revocation or non-renewal of the Consumer Credit Licence of Credit Solutions Ltd'. It is worth noting that 1st Credit have just had a firm rap over the knuckles for their behaviour so sending in complaints can work.

The FOS take months to deal with complaints so this can take a while to resolve with them. If CSL haven't sent you details of their complaints procedure then just send a letter headed 'Formal Complaint' and give the details. They have 8weeks to resolve the matter or send a 'final response'. After which you can complain to FOS.

For Trading Standards just send in the details.

Note that the Banking Code and the OFT Guidance are not legislation and therefore not legally enforceable. Most if not all finance companies and debt collection agencies pay lip service to them but that's all.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)