bg advise they cant install pre payment meter, help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5656 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, i have a debt to british gas and am on a payment plan that i have to pay every 2weeks.

however i am a little forgetful and so some pyts get missed, i have asked them to install a pre payment meter just as i did when i had a debt to scottish power for electric which is now cleared thanks to pre pyt meter. british gas advise they cant install one as my meter is independent gas carrier or some rubbish like that yet they are quick to send letters advising they will charge over £300 for the privelidge if they have to come and install one due to non pyt.

are they talking turkey re not being able to install pre pyt as it seems a bit strange they are supplying gas and have been since i moved in and this house was a new build so no previous gas supply here.

also i think they get figures from thin air when you dont pre pay as my brother is paying less now on pre pyt and he uses a lot more gas now than he did when paying monthly.

Unfortunately Bgas are right in what they have told you, no supplier is allowed to install a pre-payment meter into a property where it is supported by an IGT or an Independant Gas Transporter. Bgas will also not go ahead and install one and add the cost as they will realise that once they go ahead with it.

Can you not set up a standing order for fortnightly payments? At least that way you wont have to think about it.

Also, your brother would be advised to check they have set his meter at todays prices incase it has not been recalibrated and may be paying at the old prices.

thanks for the reply, setting up dd always seem to cause me problems with charges at bank. just done tv licence online recently and never got payment details sent through to adise they would be taking payment on 1st december so just been charged again. so would rather not do it this way. are you saying bgas cant charge me the 300 pounds they threaten in the letters they send as they can't alter the meter. also they charged me £50 visit fee a while back, thought this seemed a bit OTT.

I would ask for the £50 back too, they would have known your meter was supported by an IGT before the PDV!

A standing order, you have control off so you set the days that YOU want the money to leave your account, that way BGAS wont be able to increase your payments either.