BobbyH V Abbey

bobbyh99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5247 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back in early 2007 I wrote to Abbey requesting my bank charges. I received the usual bugger off letters at the time.

In November 07 I submitted my N1 for some of the charges (I had to split to keep in small claims). This was eventually stayed pending the OFT case.

Three questions really.

1. The charges which I have claimed through court are now over 6 years old, although they were not at the time of claim. Will this have any impact, should we be able to get our cash back.

2. Some of the remaining charges which I haven't claimed through court but did originally ask for these in my prelim and LBA have now passed the 6 year limit. Does this mean I have lost out on these?

3. The remaining charges which are still within 6 years (just), should I put in a claim for these through court?

Thanks

BobbyH

Hi Bobby - I think this is about right:

1 Once the charges are registered at the court, they are valid even if the six year barrier has been passed.

2. Same again, even though it has not gone to court the claim has been registered.

3. Yes - get 'em in

• 11 months later...

I had my case stayed back in 2008 following the outcome of the test case. There are no time restraints on the stay but I am a little worried that the claim will be dismissed because my POC was not up to scratch. It was a POC from another forum!

If I PM someone my POC and Abbey's defence can they look to see whether I need to amend it or not following the latest information from the Supreme Court.

Thanks

BobbyH

• 2 weeks later...