Severe cut in hours - please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5653 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya

I have a friend who's been working for Wickes for the last few years but recently his hours have been cut from 35 to 15 which he's very unhappy about.

I ask this question on his behalf as he's not v. computer literate and doesn't know much about his rights/procedures. He's asked me for advice, is there anything anyone knows that I can tell him? Is it possible for him to legally refute these changes as someone who was initially employed under the terms of 40 hours a week?

Thanks v much in advance

VF

Sorry I have no time to reply.

The answer to your friend's situation is here:

Acas - Advice leaflet - Lay-offs and short-time working

Regards

Che

...................................................................... [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Please post on a thread before sending a PM. My opinion's are not expressed as agent or representative of The Consumer Action Group. Always seek professional advice from a qualified legal adviser before acting. If I have helped you please feel free to click on the black star.[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS] I am sorry that work means I don't get into the Employment Forum as often as I would like these days, but nonetheless I'll try to pop in when I can.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Red]'Venceremos' :wink:[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]