Question about CCA's

***inca***
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5640 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have told a relative about this site, and they would like to know what happens if we ask for the CCA (from MBNA) and they DO have it, but provide it after the 12+2 (does that equate to 14 days by the way? - Sorry - I am new to all of this!)....

Never argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you on experience ;)

Inca V Crapital One: Low monthly payments accepted - Paid

Inca V HSBC (Charges): WON - Charge reversed.

Inca V Barclaycard/CSL: Complaint sent after CSL illegally took money from my account. Dispute ready to send: Not heard anything since March 2009! Jan 2011 Rc'd letter from new debt collectors saying they have bought the debt. Joy!

Inca's Nan V Saga Card: Utter *****!! Low payments eventually accepted

Inca's Nan V MBNA: Low payments accepted

Inca's sister V Moorcroft: WON. Low payments accepted.

Inca's sister V Thames Credit: Nothing received. Dispute sent 08/01/09: Not heard a dicky bird since March 2009!

If after the 12 working days after receipt of your request they supply an enforceable agreement they can then once again enforce the agreement. Please be aware though that many of MBNA's agreements are not enforceable.

When was the account taken out?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Sadly they can produce it at any time and begin collecting on the alleged debt. You are never "safe" until six years have elapsed since the last written acknowledgement or payment. (Five years in Scotland.)

12+2 equates to 14. Unless you work for a DCA, in which case it is 4,357. Plus another 35,692 in charges and another 456,435,798 in interest.

SH

So if they can still enforce an agreement what is the point in having the 12 days?

Where would she stand once she has received the agreement? They are asking her for ridicuolous amounts of money, her monthly interest rate has gone up from 1.5% to 2.5% and she can't afford what they are asking her for.

(This is my grandmother by the way)

I *think* it may have been a good 5 years ago when she went with them.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you on experience ;)

Inca V Barclaycard/CSL: Complaint sent after CSL illegally took money from my account. Dispute ready to send: Not heard anything since March 2009! Jan 2011 Rc'd letter from new debt collectors saying they have bought the debt. Joy!

Inca's sister V Thames Credit: Nothing received. Dispute sent 08/01/09: Not heard a dicky bird since March 2009!

So if they can still enforce an agreement what is the point in having the 12 days?

Because this is the period after which they can not enforce the account until producing a compliant agreement. If they can't produce a compliant agreement e.g. signed by you and containing all the prescribed terms then they can't enforce the agreement.

Where would she stand once she has received the agreement?

It depends on the contents of the agreement. If it isn't enforceable it doesn't matter what interest rate they apply, she doesn't have to pay them anything.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Okay, I see. Thank you.

So the first thing she should do is send of the CCA request isn't it? Bless her, she sent them a letter today asking them to reduce her payments as they have been pestering her on the phone, I have the telephone harassment letter at the ready!

So the first thing she should do is send of the CCA request isn't it?

Yes but send the harassment letter as well.

If the phone calls are a real problem she can get choose to refuse if she's a BT customer or alternatively if she doesn't mind her phone number being changed she can simply inform her telephone line supplier that she is being harassed and they will change her number straight away free of charge.