Sick of Barclays

RPD
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6424 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey, I am a total noob to all of this, and haven't even got a clue where to begin. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

Basically I am getting the maximum charges (3) per month from Barclays. This has been happening for about two years.

Granted, it is my fault, as I keep 'creeping' over my poxy five pound "buffer zone". Like for example I went one penny, yes ONE pence over yesterday, I got paid today, and I am Another thirty bun down. But it is mainly Direct Debit's that are coming out that I miscalculated, and they are taking me over by a few pounds even pence, and BAM, another thirty gone. Which leaves me short, and another charge becomes inevitable.

I have rang them numerous times, and I am just getting sick of it. I am in the process of changing my banks, but a friend told me about this website.

Do you guys think I can really get some of the money back, or am I floggng a dead horse?

Thanks for any advice.

Ditto.

And further to your question about whether you can get some of your money back...you can get all it back ,with interest. Follow the step by step instructions, be aware this won't happen over night, stick with it, and claim what is rightfully yours.

Best of luck.

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks for the help you guys. I am a little bemused by all of the sections though.

Claire, I can find the data protection letter you mentioned, but I couldn't find where to send it to.

I will continue to read the topics.

Thanks again.

Lloyds TSB - £972

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

Woolwich - £2288

Offered half

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Guest Mumofthreeboys
Thanks for the help you guys. I am a little bemused by all of the sections though.

Claire, I can find the data protection letter you mentioned, but I couldn't find where to send it to.

I will continue to read the topics.

Thanks again.

You send it to the address on your bank statements or at the top of each forum there will be sticky with an address on it.

Good luck, not that you'll need it xx

Once again, thankyou all.

I will get that sent off asap.

I will report back in forty days :)

I shudder to think how much it will be.

You never know they might send your statement really quickly! .....see you in 40 days!

• Confused 1

Lloyds TSB - £972

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

Woolwich - £2288

Offered half

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Take the time you are waiting to read up the FAQ's, visit the forum libraries and read other threads. The more you read, the more you will understand and gain confidence in what you are doing.

Good luck:)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so I received my statements today, along with this letter and my cheque for ten pounds.

Dear Mr X,

You asked for copies of your statement

Here are the copies of the bank statements you asked for.

You'll notice that the copy is not an exact duplicate of your original statement. This is because we produce copies of bank statements in a slightly different way.

The copy may include details from past statements that have been sent to you. Where this happens we have inserted a dotted line. Above the dotted line you will see a statement number and the date it was issued to you. The particular statement you requested will appear between two of these lines.

If you have any questions, give us a call on the telephone number shown on your bank statement.

Thanks for banking with us.

For and On Behalf Of

Centre Manager

So I went through all my statements with a highlighter and marked all of the charges. They came to £1015.00 in six years, I had thought it would be more atually.

What is my next step? Sorry for being a noob, I have read all the stickies etc. etc. but I would like someone to confirm what I should do next, or at least point me to the right thread.

Thanks for any help, it will be appreciated.

Guest Mumofthreeboys
Ok so I received my statements today, along with this letter and my cheque for ten pounds.

So I went through all my statements with a highlighter and marked all of the charges. They came to £1015.00 in six years, I had thought it would be more atually.

What is my next step? Sorry for being a noob, I have read all the stickies etc. etc. but I would like someone to confirm what I should do next, or at least point me to the right thread.

Thanks for any help, it will be appreciated.

You need to read the FAQ's and the Step by Step instructions - it will lead you all the way - there in the library section at the top of the forum :D

Guest Mumofthreeboys
Got it, cheers Mum :D

So I will send my preliminary approach letter next.

I will post in here what happens next.

Thanks.

They stall you and try to put you off your timetable, which is 14 days for Prelim letter, then you send the Letter Before Action, which gives them another 14 days, then they stall some more and you issue a claim with the courts.... :D

Thanks.

Another Question, in the Step by Step it says this,

Enclose a schedule detailing the charges you are claiming, but do NOT include the 8% interest on the schedule yet.

But the actual prelim template it says this,

I calculate that you have taken £1,015.00p plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken.

I take it that means I add 8% of 1,015 in the letter, but leave it off the schedule for now?

But it is mainly Direct Debit's that are coming out that I miscalculated, and they are taking me over by a few pounds even pence, and BAM, another thirty gone. Which leaves me short, and another charge becomes inevitable.

I know this is slightly off-topic, but that used to happen to me all the time, hence why I'm here. If you have this problem regularly, I've found a simple solution which has made things much easier for me - I have a second bank account with Barclays, from which all of my direct debits come. A standing order goes out of my main account on the day I get paid into the second account, which then covers all the direct debits. That's the only thing I have the second account for, and have no cash card or cheque book for it.

That way all my direct debits get paid on time, without ever surprising me or taking me over my limit, and I know that all the money in my main account is there for me to spend without having to worry about keeping some aside for DDs. It's been a real life-saver for me.

That's a good tip. Might be worth posting that in the general forum.

Lloyds TSB - £972

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

Woolwich - £2288

Offered half

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Guest Mumofthreeboys
I take it that means I add 8% of 1,015 in the letter, but leave it off the schedule for now?

No you do not add 8% interest until you file a claim with the courts.

On the spreadsheet, there are two pages, the first one is where you input your charges and it works out the interest you have been charged where their charges have taken you overdrawn and the 2nd sheet calculates your 8% interest automatically. The figure shown on the 2nd page is 8% which you include with your court claim.

Hope this is clear, MOTB xx

Guest Mumofthreeboys
Ah ok, thanks.

Final question for now, do I send it to the same address as before? Leicester?

Yeah, unless they've told you otherwise, which they won't have done :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

OK, so I received this letter today..

Dear Mr X,

We are sorry you have had to contact us about the level of service you have received from Barclays. Thankyou for taking the time and trouble to do so.

We are looking into your concerns and will let you have an answer or an update as quickly as possible, but no later than 28 September 2006. In the meantime if you wish to discuss this matter further please call us on 0845 609 0806. If calling from overseas please call 0044 113 389 8065.

I have enclosed a leaflet explaining how Barclays works to resolve complaints. I hope you find this useful.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Yours sincerely

Customer Relations Advisor

Enc. Customer Complaint Leaflet

Is it just a case of waiting now, or should I ring them up?

Thanks for any advice.

Not sure whether I just replied to this or not. Pressed something and it all disappeared.

Stick to your own timetable. If the let from Barclays is in answer to your prelim letter wait the requisite amount of days and send the LBA and so on - follow the procedure outlined in the steps in the FAQs.

Hope this helps.

:eek: Gettin'evil

Got a question? - see if the answer is in the FAQs before you post!!

Subject Access Request sent 20 June

£10 cheque cashed 6 July

16 July - Statements received

£1024.07 prelim let sent special del 26/07/06

Reply from S Higley 31/07/06 (how fast was that):D

02/08/06 LBA sent to Bishopsgate with proof of delivery from PO

Acknowledgement let dated 7Aug from S Higley

Moneyclaim issued 6.09.06 £1433.94 :cool:

Acknowledgement of service rec'd by MCOL

Guest Mumofthreeboys

The letter doesn't really say anything satisfactory. This is a stalling letter - so wait until the deadline is up and move on to the next letter.

You have to be amused by these letters from Barclays, don't you.

I got a similar one today. If you're interested you can see it, and my reply, in my thread at http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/27348-victim-no-more-barclays.html

Victimnomore

By day, quiet unassuming bank customer - but, by night, .. .. .. .. ..

Barclays Case1

14/03/07 **WON** FULL settlement £3358.39

Barclays Case2

08/09/08 Prelim: please give me my £187.91 back.

Halifax Case1

14/03/07 **WON** Refunded £728 (including £54 costs)

Halifax Case2

08/09/08 Prelim: please give me my £268.24 back.

• 3 weeks later...