• Tweets

• Thank you. The fact it was a permit-holder car park, rather than a pay car park, does help your case.  You can argue Prohibition at least. Have a look at the attachment in post 40 here  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/466177-ukpc-2x-windscreen-pncs-claimform-forgot-permit-appealed-res-parking-my-own-space-east-croft-house-86-northolt-road-south-harrow-ha2-0es-claim-dismissed/page/2/#comments You can use the introduction, Prohibition section, Double Recovery section and the concluding Statement of Truth as the basis for your own Witness Statement.  Your case is virtually identical.
    • Embracing diversity: The key to unlocking business successView the full article
    • Parking dispute - DCB Legal 09:05:24.pdfHi there, Please find attached the correspondence to date as requested. I have attached everything that I have in terms of correspondence. To the points raised: Your case is not looking too good at this stage. Not helped by the car park not appearing on Google Street view.  Interesting that UKPC seem to think that Walcot Yard is off Walcot Road when it is off Walcot Street. Part of Walcot Yard has the postcode BA1 5DW which is a building called North Range. You would have to find out where in Bath they would know the specific post code for the car park there since if it were the 5DW ending you may be able to claim that you weren't in BA1 5BG Walcot yard, Walcot Road, but BA1 5DW Walcot yard, Walcot Street.  >> Thank you, I am trying to find more information on this.  But probably the main help would come from the site manager. A  written statement from him explaining the informal situation with the land owner or better still  finding out who the land owner is  and contacting them might help. though getting UKPC to cancel at this late stage will be next to impossible. >> I can also do this. The site manager is able to provide a written statement. However, they have not been able to contact the site operator, who lives elsewhere in the UK. It is a very frustrating situation but I have really tried.  
    • no we dont give private advise helps no-one bar YOU not what CAG is about. post it here dx    
    • Thanks for the reply Dubai 50. will keep on filing everything in the bin, physically and digitally. 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

MBNA/Restons claimform - old A+L Card **WON+COSTS**

fairbyblue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

so do i have a good case. they have never mentioned the first one. They have confirmed it is terminated and the second one looks nothing like the first. Whats more they have failed to comply with CPR and SAR so have MBNA so i cant prove that there is an agreement in place.

Plus the Clause 3 to clause 8 has changed.

What about the faking of documents on there part. is that not an offence by them.

I still need help as Im going to court soon and i want to put a good argument to the judge.

Thanks for all your help so far.

Edited by fairbyblue

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So whats in the courts order?, do you have to prepare a witness statement? for instance

THey are applying for summary judgement and court date is 20/3/09.

So I am going and defending the application for summary judgement. (see post 183) ,however i dont know how nor the case law relating to the DN and the faked 2nd DN

Do you have ant info that they should only serve one DN and even that first one was not served correctly in prescribed terms ie the dates are wrong

they are claiming the whole amount on POC but on 2nd DN the amount to rectify is shown £1601. THe balance was on the first DN £11262 but removed on the 2nd.

Does that mean anything? They confirm that account terminated in post 186

excellent the 1st DN as you say does not give you 14 days to remedy, so was incorrectly served, they can only issue one DN

Whats more you have proof that restons are trying to pass off a fake DN, as being a copy of the original:D

Just to make matters worse for themselves they have confirmed the account was terminated following your failure to remedy, so,

1 only the first one counts

2 confirmation of termination

So they couldn't (if they had a mind to) submit that the later one was valid

CCM is correct - they cannot argue against their own argument – the original DN states that the agreement will be terminated therefore the second DN is irrelevant – the original DN is flawed due to not allowing you the statutory period for remedying any breach stated in the DN – the statement is also inaccurate if there isn’t a clause 3 in the alleged agreement and this adds to the invalidity of the DN.

You will need to respond by a witness statement I think and in the witness statement you need to request the claim be struck out – hopefully someone can help you draft the witness statement.

You will need to respond by a witness statement I think and in the witness statement you need to request the claim be struck out – hopefully someone can help you draft the witness statement.

Do i prepare that for the hearing on 20/3/09 when they are going for summary judgement? Would I have to serve notice on them about my intention?

If it is struck out is that it or do they just alter it and redo the claim.

Thanks for the info.

I dont know the procedure either when it comes to SJs, that's why i asked above, what does it say in the order?...or click the red triangle to alert a site team member

• Haha 1

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

I dont know the procedure either when it comes to SJs, that's why i asked above, what does it say in the order?...or click the red triangle to alert a site team member

Thanks anyway, appreciate all your help. if i click on red triangle it says this is only for rpeorting spam or fighting. is it ok to do that

Its in post 182 and the application form in section 3 under CPR 24

Cheers

Yes its no problem clicking the red triangle, all it does is bring the post to the attention of the site team, for whatever reason

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

If it gets struck out, its EXTREMELY difficult for them to resurrect it....they would have to get the courts permission, and you of course would object!

THey are applying for summary judgement and court date is 20/3/09.

So I am going and defending the application for summary judgement. (see post 183) ,however i dont know how nor the case law relating to the DN and the faked 2nd DN

Do you have ant info that they should only serve one DN and even that first one was not served correctly in prescribed terms ie the dates are wrong

Hi fairbyblue

It amazes me that Restons (and other similar scumbags) continue to use the same cr@p arguments when they know full well they are in the wrong.

They tried exactly the same thing with me before they had to give up (discontinued at the last minute) after I used the invalid DN angle in my defence (noticed by and defence provided by pt2537). They also tried to seek permission from the court for time to re-issue the DN and re-start the proceedings from that point on.

Have a read of letters 1 and 2 at this post, in which they actually admitted they could not win as matters stood because of the invalid DN (less than 14 clear days allowed, as in your case).

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/dca-legal-successes/124572-hfc-no-agreement-amended-14.html#post1527558

As things stand, if you stick to your guns and submit the right arguments you have the same chance of beating the barstewards that I had!

Cheers

Rob

Edited by robcag
punctuation
  • Haha 1

with details blanked

P1.jpg

P2.jpg

P3.jpg

When is this in court ?. Note, it says at the bottom of the claim form that Witness statement is to be served on Restons 7 days before the trial.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

FB

I am a bit confused. The normal procedure is:

1. Claimant files claim in court

2. Claim is served on the defendant

3. Defendant files and serves defence

4. Clamant and defendant submit AQs (possibly with draft order for directions ,eg further information, strike out)

5. Court allocates case to track and sets date

Where are you in this process?

FB

I am a bit confused. The normal procedure is:

1. Claimant files claim in court

2. Claim is served on the defendant

3. Defendant files and serves defence

4. Clamant and defendant submit AQs (possibly with draft order for directions ,eg further information, strike out)

5. Court allocates case to track and sets date

Where are you in this process?

I sent in the AQ last week, that had to be returned by the 9/3/09 to the court. with draft order asking for docs that they rely on and strike out if they dont. (As per post 155,156 and 157.) That was sent in on 4/3/09. On 6/3/09 I recieved the notice of application of hearing asking for summary judgement and that if i rely on written statemnts to submit it to Restons by at least 7 days before court date.Restons had applied on 2/3/09 thus preemptimg me submitting my AQ.

Please help as I dont want to lose, they are charging on and dont seem to care about dates and i feel seriously disadvantaged.

Edited by fairbyblue

Did you receive the above notice of application from the court or direct from Restons ?

Can someone take a closer look at the form please, I would hate to think that the OP is being scammed by Restons.

Edited by citizenB

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Did you receive the above notice of application from the court or from Restons ?

I notice that this has actually come from them.

Can someone take a closer look at the form please, I would hate to think that the OP is being scammed by Restons.

It came from court. Here is doc that came with it

P08.jpg

Aha, ok. In that case, you have just a couple of days to get your witness statement organised and to them by the 13th.

You have quite a few CAGers who are helping you sort this so you should be well ready.

BCOBS

Aha, ok. In that case, you have just a couple of days to get your witness statement organised and to them by the 13th.

You have quite a few CAGers who are helping you sort this so you should be well ready.

Cheers. as its getting to squeaky bum time does anyone have a witness statement template.

The main points i want to get across is

1. The dN was incorrectly served on 18th june not giving enough time to remedy. The clause 3 refers to late charges and not repay full amount.

2. On or after 'that date ie 1/7/08/ the agreemnt will be terminated and will take court proceedings. See post 185

3. The confirmaton of the termniation

Test2.jpg

4. The 2nd default notice dated in october 2008 is not copy of original, dates are different, clause is different and amount is same but balance removed.

I need case law to show the they can only serve one DN and they confirm account terminated.

5. The DN is not copy of original sent to me i.e. the first one in june, and they are relying on a document that has been altered.

6. Restons have failed to comply with CPR 31.14, CCA and SAR.

7. MBNA have failed to comply with CCA and SAR

I need help to formulate it and get it down on paper so i can drop it off at Restons by 13/3/09.

Help

Cheers. as its getting to squeaky bum time does anyone have a witness statement template.

The main points i want to get across is

1. The dN was incorrectly served on 18th june not giving enough time to remedy. The clause 3 refers to late charges and not repay full amount.

2. On or after 'that date ie 1/7/08/ the agreemnt will be terminated and will take court proceedings. See post 185

3. The confirmaton of the termniation

4. The 2nd default notice dated in october 2008 is not copy of original, dates are different, clause is different and amount is same but balance removed.

I need case law to show the they can only serve one DN and they confirm account terminated.

5. The DN is not copy of original sent to me i.e. the first one in june, and they are relying on a document that has been altered.

6. Restons have failed to comply with CPR 31.14, CCA and SAR.

7. MBNA have failed to comply with CCA and SAR

I need help to formulate it and get it down on paper so i can drop it off at Restons by 13/3/09.

Help

Oh fantastic, they have messed up on the clauses.

Pompeyfaith has the same issue with MBNA. Perhaps it might be a good idea to link him to your thread and see if he has any advice. I will go and pop a link over there for you.

I have popped a link to your thread for pompeyfaith and here is the link to his posts, from 567 you need to read.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/151709-help-57.html#post2027934

Robcag has also offered to share his WS with you in the following post.

Edited by citizenB

BCOBS

Hi FB

If you PM me your email address, I'll email you my WS, which hopefully might give you an idea or two.

When I was in court when Restons were applying to re-issue a correct default notice and re-commence proceedings to their suggested schedule, I verbally argued against that, stating that as the account had been terminated then that should be the end of it as they could not default and terminate something which did not exist.

I think I described in my account of the court appearance that the Judge seemed to consider this but she did not actually make a ruling on it. There was some discussion about that point in my thread as there has been elsewhere, but as Paul (pt2537) and others have said, if they are allowed to re-issue corrected DNs willnilly then the matter could go on forever.

Cheers

Rob