• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Vicky vs Lloyds

vckyjam
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

lol - good stuff Vicky. It's mostly just a waiting game now (IE: Waiting for settlement!) but you may want to spend a bit of time researching the arguments etc and preparing your case.

Take it easy first though, neck a few G&Ts :D

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Vicky, what a nightmare day! But as reload said, it's a waiting game now, so sit back and chill out, and spend time reading the Lloyds TSB forum.

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hehe thanks reload and closey! Ive been quite laid back about it till now. (well im ok now)

Im all ready and set to go now! cant believe they almost owe me 4 lovely grand! They are so silly not to pay up at the start, but then again money means nothing to them.

Keep u all posted.

Thanks

Vic xx

Letter asking for my money back sent 24/07/06

Letter sent by them saying a big fat "NO" on the 26/07/06

LBA sent via email on the 31/07/06 14 days and counting.

Letter from them on 07/08/06 saying Bugger Off

MONEY CLAIM ISSUED 14/08/06

Not trying to put dampen your enthusiasm Vic, sit back, buy yourself a good long book and prepare to wait ....... and then wait some more ......... and guess what, wait some more .................

This is the boring bit!

Steve

Slightly disgruntled but getting happier as LTSB squirm!!

steve1145 v lloyds-tsb

Data Protection Act done

LBA done

Claim issued 5/6/06 - 6QZ35417

Reply due by 24th June

Responded so further 14 days now 8th July

Defence filed 6th July ......bah humbug!!!!!!!

AQ and defence received on 7th July

AQ filed 21/7/06 12.30pm

Court date set for 16/10/06 - D DAY

***** Settlement Paid 12/10/06 Nearly the whole amount *****:D

Top work Vicky, your commitment to the cause after a nightmare day, in which you lost your purse, speaks volumes for you.

Keep us posted

Lloyds TSB £375.00 - Prelim letter sent 09/07/07.

HSBC - £777.50+ Interest £18.50 Total Claim £796.00. Prelim Letter sent 09/07/07

Captial One - £260.00 + Interest £38.44.

Total Claim £298.44. Prelim letter to be sent 20/07/07

Thanks guys- Yeah i know its one big fat waiting game.....im hanging in there hopefully might be in time for exmas lol

Hi Vicky

We are at the same stage, have you had Lloyds AQ back yet?

i received mine today from Sechari clark & Mitchell they have asked me to phone and let them know tomorrow if i have received it which i will do.

Regards

adamski

Hi Vicky

We are at the same stage, have you had Lloyds AQ back yet?

i received mine today from Sechari clark & Mitchell they have asked me to phone and let them know tomorrow if i have received it which i will do.

Regards

adamski

Hi Adamski- i got mine last week- I phoned them to tell them i received my aq and also to ask why they wanted an extra month when i've already given them 2 or 3 months. The nice girl who answerd my call said they were waiting to hear from their client to see if they want to settle!!!!!!!

Hmmmm, so not holding my breath that anything is gonna happen this month( or next)

Have not heard from the courts- so i am waiting for a date!

Did they ask for an extra month on your aq?

Vicky x

• 2 weeks later...

Court allowed a "stay" on my case they have till the 19th of november to try and settle (well thats what it said in the letter) maybe after this i will get a court date or something.

Yet again more waiting grrrrr

Check out my thread - my stay has been and gone. I wouldn't hold your breath as they are using just as a delaying tactic. However, I would send a letter into SCM inviting them to enter into settlement discussions and setting out your position (see template section) and then phone them every few days to see if they have received their clients instructions (the chances are they will not have received any instructions but at least it looks as though you are on their case) and then as it gets closer to deadline send a letter to the court manager explaining the steps you have taken to enter into sincere dialogue to settle but that you believe Lloyds are abusing process - ask for letter to be brought to the attention of the District Judge and copy it to SCM.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for that sagaloo- Im still waiting and havent heard a thing, getting very boring. GRRRR

Very tempted to call them up. But prob just pointless

• 3 weeks later...

Today i this in the post

"General form of judgment or order" it says that; "it is odered that the claimant do file a written request by the 13th dec 2006 in order that the district judge proceeds to give allocation/case management directions failing which the action be struck out"

Not sure what this is! and what kind of letter do i have to write- (something alongs the linns of "yes i want to continue with this case"

Any help would be great :)

Vic

Send something like this -

YOU v LLOYDS BANK PLC

In the ***** COUNTY COURT

CLAIM No:*******

Dear sir/madam,

Pursuant to the order made by District Judge ***** on **/**/**, I, the claimant, hereby confirm that no settlement has been reached with regard to the claim as detailed above, and as such I respectfully request that it proceed to allocation in accordance with the overriding objective.

Dispite the Defendant making a request for the stay by indicating an intention to negotiate a settlement on their allocation questionnaire, with regret I must inform the court that the Defendant has attempted no contact with regard to this claim whatsoever. Further, I contacted the defendant by way of a letter (telephone call) on **/**/**, which was not afforded the courtosy of a response (when they told me...............).

If the court is in agreement, the Claimant respectfully suggests that directions could be made as follows, with document exchange taking place 28 days after the issueing of the order. It is suggested an early date for exchange of documents may facilitate a prompt resolution to this litigation.

l.The claim is allocated to the small claims track.

2.The claimant shall by [date] file and serve:

a)a schedule setting out each charge repayment of which is being sought,showing the date,amount and alleged reason,if any,for that charge;

b)copies of any statement or other document relied upon as showing that each and every such charge has been made;

c)a statement of his evidence,if such is to be relied upon as tending to show that the alleged charges have been made,or that they are irrecoverable as penalties or otherwise.

3.The defendant shall by [date] file and serve a response to the claimant's schedule,staiiikg in respect of each item claimed:

a)pursuant to what contractual provision such charge was made,producing a copy of the contractual document relied upon;

b)whether such charge is accepted to be a penalty or otherwise not payable and if not, why not;

c)if such charge is alleged to be a pre-estimate of the defendant's loss incurred by the claimant's actions(whether or not such action is to be treated as a breach of the contract between the parties),all facts and matters intended to be relied upon as showing that such is a proper estimate of such loss,and all evidence to be adduced at trial as to what the true cost of dealing with the matter was.

4.Decided cases and other legal materials should not be filed,but served by [date]

5.Each party shall file and serve by [date] a copy of all documents upon which they wish to rely.Each party shall be entitled to inspect such documents by [date].

6.The hearing of the case will take place on [date] allowing 2 hours at the ***** county court, street, town, postcode.

Yours faithfully,

Address it to the court manager, and send a copy to Lloyds sols as well - could just prompt them to settle with a bit of luck!

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

2.The claimant shall by [date] file and serve:

3.The defendant shall by [date] file and serve a response to the claimant's schedule,staiiikg in respect of each item claimed:

.Decided cases and other legal materials should not be filed,but served by [date]

5.Each party shall file and serve by [date] a copy of all documents upon which they wish to rely.Each party shall be entitled to inspect such documents by [date].

6.The hearing of the case will take place on [date] allowing 2 hours at the ***** county court, street, town, postcode.

Sorry to sound stupid but what dates do i put in here?

vicky

None. Thats for the judge to finalise if he agree's to those directions. Fill in the address of the court though.

If the judge does order those directions, you'll have to provide your evidance within 14 days of receiving the order. This will include everything in the court bundle, and heres my statement of evidance I submitted - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/7744-garyh-lloyds-tsb-unconditionally-3.html#post339177

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Thanks Gary- have sent the letter- thanks for the advice and i will keep you posted.

Vickyx

• 5 weeks later...

Took a while but i recieved my court date which is the 13th march!

Just one more question! - since my claim was filed in july i got heaps more chargies! can i claim this back- or do i have to start the whole process again? as its a fair bit

Thanks vicky

Unfortunately you will have to start again, you cannot add those charges to your original claim.

When you eventually get around to settling your claim you can attempt to include these recently incurred charges, but I would not as it may muddy the waters with your original claim.

Stay with it, it will be worth it in the end.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

Hi Vicky,

What directions did the judge order? Did he order what you proposed in the letter I gave you above?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Vicky,

What directions did the judge order? Did he order what you proposed in the letter I gave you above?

I was just about to reply to you Gary- when the post man came!!!

And Guess what???

THEY HAVE MADE ME AN OFFER! PLUS all the bank charges back since i made the claim!!!!

So it just goes to show, that if you stick with it, and not back down- you will get there in the end!

Gary- I thank you for all your fab advice! and when i get my money (hope it doesnt take to long) then i will be donating to this site. Because without it i would have never in a million years thought i could claim back the money they took off me in such an unlawful way!

Vicky

Excellent, well done!:D

Just out of interest though, did the judge order those directions, or have you not heard anything yet?