tax credit refund

paulrob2808
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5655 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, this is my first post and hope someone can help, We have had an on going fight with the revenue over our tax credit award back in 2004 ( i think, will have to check) it was one of the first years when they started, we gave in last year after they started scarring us with court action, We were awarded £3,000 which we were entitled to , I set the declaration back and have a photocopy of it, and that was it so we thought but about 2 years ago they said they wanted all the money back because they never received the end of year declaration back, i am self employed so i am used to sending forms back on time and i wouldnt have a photo copy if not. I wrote to my MP but nobody wanted to know, all they said is i had to prove i sent it. we have been paying £100 per month back as we dont qualify according to them anymore but now it is becoming hard to find the spare money to pay them. can anyone tell me what i should do. Thanks Paul

thank you poppy for the reply, yes we did appeal and what we got was them saying we had not proved we had sent the form back therefore the appeal was rejected and the decision was final, they then started getting really heavy with phone calls and calling at the house , we didnt want to end in court and couldnt find anyone to help, so we agreed to paying £100 a month back but i have since found the photo copy of the form.

the fact you are repaying your award does not affect your eligibility. Check your income, £17392 (or there abouts) for a joint claim, if you have kids you will be eligible unless you earn loads. Go onto the hmrc websit and check your eligibility on the calculator. Your new award cannot be used to recover an overpayment.

OK you need to write in again appealing the overpayment - you now have new evidence (ie copy of the form you sent) so they should reopen the appeal. Make it clear in your letter that you cannot be held responsible for the Royal Mail or their own sorting office losing post. Did you get a final award notice for the year in dispute?

Also make a formal complaint at the same time to:

Tax Credit Office

Customer Support Unit

PO Box 145

Preston

Lancs

PR1 0SB

They have 8 weeks to resolve the issues but I found them pretty efficient. Good luck.

Poppynurse :)

If my comments have been helpful please click my scales!!!!