Last Monday Nights Panorama

davelee1097
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5679 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I watched Panorama last Monday and someone on there got £100,000 written off their £120,000 debt!

They mentioned mistakes in the Credit Agreements issued by the lenders.

Now my question is this;

August 3 years ago I had a letter sent to me from Leeds Building Society saying I am Preliminarily approved for a £10,000 loan because I had a mortgage with them.

When I rang them to ask about the letter they told me they would have to process an application in which I failed and subsequently I was declined the loan. A couple of hours later I had a phone call from a lady from Ikano (Leeds BS) Regarding the letter I had received and offered me the loan. She send the Credit Agreement out to me and I received the money.

Now Wouldn't that actually be classed as "Irresponsible Lending"?

As I already had a poor credit history and really struggled to get the mortgage I had with my income and credit rating.

Do you think I would have a case in trying to get all or part of this debt written off?

Thanks for taking your time to read this, I know it's unethical but I'm just really considering my options.

David beerchug.gif

Dave can you photo/scan what they have sent you and post it up here ? (please delete the personal stuff and any reference numbers) - use Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket if need be (it is free) and there is a tutorial here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/165941-photobucket-video-tutorial.html

Had a look at your agreement. Not sure as to wehter it's enforceable or not but what you say does sound like irresponsible lending on their part. Especially if, as you say, you have a poor credit rating.

My main question to you is. If you have a poor credit rating, how the heck did you manage to get 6.9% :eek::confused:.

I took out a loan in 2004, with a good credit rating, and an interest rate of 18.9% with PPI added (reluctantly) to boost their profits even more.:mad:

HALIFAX: 13/01/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter (marked as rec'd 16/01)

Paid in full in March 07

I know! I was amazed too when I took out the loan, at the time I remember seeing that A + L were doing the same rate and that was the cheapest!

My credit rating was absolutely shocking I had CCJ's and Defaults. Like I said at the begining of my post I really struggled to get my Mortgage (Thinking about it that wasn't a bad rate either 6.4%)

I think they are irresponsible lenders, Any opinions on what I could possibly do?

Again thank you very much for taking your time to read and reply to this thread everybody. :D

Dave