Default Notice

halidebt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6493 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I have a problem with my credit rating as I've been defaulted by HSBC. I'm hoping to be able to remove the default notice but I'm not sure they've done anything wrong.

I'll start by saying that they haven't levied any illegal charges, and (relatively speaking!) they have been pretty decent about it.

I had a student account with an interest-free overdraft (how they suck you in...) which I maxed out - my balance was £1247D and the limit £1250. Then I stopped being a student and it became very much interest inclusive. In June 2005 they tried to take an interest payment of £14 which would have taken me over my limit. I hadn't been paying anything in for quite some time.

My account was immediately passed to their debt collectors (Metropolitan) before heading over to CDEA with whom I eventually settled. The amount that I paid was the £1247 which I'd run up on the overdraft - they didn't include the £14 interest and they didn't levy any charges.

According to my Experian credit rating I was defaulted on the 21st of June 05 - immediately after they tried to deduct the £14, which I think is very quick. However, I don't think I received a default notice. I certainly can't find one now and don't remember getting one.

So the question is: do I have a case for having the default notice removed? I've recently been turned down for a credit card, which I'm not particularly bothered about, but I'll be looking for a mortgage soon so it could be quite serious.

Thanks,

Halidebt.

You could ask the bank if they will be willing to remove the default notice.

I did this last week (not with a bank though, it was a catalogue co) and they have removed mine for me.

Somebody might know better than me though on this matter though seen as it wasn't a bank in my case!

Hope you get it removed anyway.

Dani