court papers received re: HFC

elliesnan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5513 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all have a thread about this in the General Debt forum but am not getting any help there so l'm starting one here. HFC loan taken out 10 years ago been making payments of £5 a month for many years! CCA request sent and agreement sent back it would seem to be in order as advised on my thread in the other forum. Recently the debt has been moved to a solicitors called Restons who very quickly rejected our monthly payments and lo and behold the court papers have arrived! There is £3629 IN PPI which we want to dispute plus there are bound to be charges in there as well. I understand that l need to send something like a CPR 18? is that right. Have just over a week to submit the defence papers so PLEASE can someone help?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Eliiesnan.....firstly can you post up here the Particulars Of The Claim ? (don't be too specifici with the figures)

Secondly you have 14 days to acknowledge the claim (are you sure you only want to defend part of it ?? - Have they provided any compliant default notices ? notices of assignment ? full statements for the duration ? (excessive charges)

After acknowledging the claim you have a further I think 14+3 days in which to submit a defence...

Hi there,

Firstly have you received a default notice from HFC ?

You can do the AOS online here https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp

which will give you 28 days from the date on the CCJ form to get a defence together

I would Acknowledge service and state that you intend to defend the whole claim.

You will then need to send a CPR 31.14 letter ( Courtesy of x20 ) to Restons. ( read the thread and amend as neccesary ).

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/159445-getting-them-reveal-their.html

Send this letter at least Recorded Delivery.

It may help further if you can scan or type up the POC of the claim (exclude all personal details, account no's etc.). Also if you do have the Default Notice then please post up.

Also, search through the forums, there's plenty to read about the actions of Restons\HFC, Restons and HFC.

Sorry can't advise further about the reclaiming of the PPI but I sure someone more knowledgeable will be along.

Any questions, just ask.

Hope this helps.

Edited by supasnooper
Corrected details. And can't type as quick as 42man

l am a little confused about the CPR letter to send ( far too clever for me) l am obviously leaving out the part asking for the CCA as they have sent me that so am l using the rest ommiting the part about it being under 5k? is that right?

Put the part requesting the CCA back in.

Look at your POC on the CCJ, this is what they wish to rely on.

And use the rest of the letter omiting the part about it being under 5k

REMEMBER, don't sign it and post Recorded Delivery Service.

Finally, take your time to understand the CPR31 letter and the relevant laws, this is your case and the better you know it, the better chance of success.

Read some other threads to give yourself an idea of what will happen next and the timescale involved and of course pick up some invaluable tips as well.

Good Luck.

Particulars of Claim

The Claiment claims payment of the overdue balance due from the Defendant under a contract dated on or about 21/03/1997 in the sum of 12k ish( my words)

The contract they refer to is your Credit Card Agreement.

Also, Please can someone help with the reclaiming of the PPI element as I have no experience of this.

Thankyou your a star Please click on the link and see what you think CPR request all done and ready to go. So l guess the next thing is what l am putting in for our defence all help greatly needed and much appreciated