Capquest Claimform - OHs old Cap 1 card debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5471 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just go online at the web address given on the front of the claim form, and log on using the password which is also on there, it should be a simple matter then of acknowledging service, i cant remember exactly how the webpage is made up.

It just givves you an extra 14 days to file your defence i.e. 5+14+14 giving 33 days from the date on the claim.

Dont worry theres plenty of us here to help with your defence.

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

acknowledgement of service done .now to get a nother letter off to hl legal.what will happen now?will i get a letter of some kind off the court or hl legal to let me know the next step?

thanx

dazza

Edited by dazza3956
missing info

Looks like you were in time then, otherwise i dont think it would have given you that option.

By my reckoning your defence will be due in by the 2nd december, but ring the court monday to confirm.

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

The issues as i see them are,

1 Have you had a Default notice from Cap1? if so can you scan it up?

2 Have you had a Notice of Assignment from both Cap1 and Capquest?

3 did you get a Letter Before Action from capquest?

4 They are not entitled to s69 interest

5 They have not served a copy of the agreement with the claim

6 They are not allowed to split claims

7 The POC does not show how the sum claimed is made up

Thats just for starters.

Can a mod move this to the legal forum please

Edited by creditcardmug

ok great.

its my partners debt and she hasn't had any letters to her knowledge for this apart from the court claim.so she hasn't anything i can scan to show you sorry.she knows she hasn't signed for any letters at all.the debt is in her old married name so she said maybe she didnt take any notice of them.

dazza

Thats ok, you can put them to strict proof that they sent them, so much the better.

You have some time now to prepare a defence, why not have alook around the legal forum and have aread of some defences to get an idea of how all this works, have a look at the legal successes forum as well.

Meanwhile we will work on a defence

Phew! It looks like we were in time here.

The CPR 31.14 letter demands copies of the agreement, the default notice and the notice of assignment.

As it looks as though they have cut corners on this one, and not complied with the regulations, it will be interesting to see what comes back.

They are even admitting on the PoC that they have split the claim. The very first word is "Part".

Now we've got a bit of time, we should be able to prepare a defence with multiple points, any one of which would be enough to defeat this claim.

I would start a thread in the "Legal Issues" part of the forum, post up the PoC again in the initial post, and then just give a brief description of what you have done so far.

SH

hi.

how will i know when it will be going back to court?do i contact the local court in our area and also do i have to wait for a reply from hl legal before being able to make a defence?(see what they come up with).

thanx

dazza

dazza,

Let's see what HL send back as a result of your CPR31 request before you have to submit a defence.

How they react will set out the path for the defence.

Looking back through the thread I think your defence needs to be submitted by 2nd December. I would phone the court to confirm the date though to be sure

By the way, have you managed to locate any of the documents listed in post #55 ? if so then please post them up ( Minus personal details, barcodes, etc. )

Edited by supasnooper
typo

hi

thanx for the advice.my partner has nothing in regards information about the debt as previously asked about.it is from a few years ago and she changed her name also.she says she doesn't recall any letters from them but to be honest she may not have even bothered opening them and just binned them .she knows she hasn't signed for any letters in the past as i imagine if she had she would have remembered having a letter from a dca.

thanx again.will phone court to find out abot the claim and what date it is.

thanx

dazza

Hi dazza, the way it works is, when you file your defence the court sends a copy to the other side, they then have 28 days to decide whether to continue, if they do the court will send you a notice to say its been transferred to your local court and a form to fill in called an Allocation Questionaire, where each side proposes directions, then the judge looks at everthing and makes an order for directions.

So once you say when the defence has to be filed by we can sort one out fot you

Hope this helps.

hi

yes thanx creditcardmug it makes more sense now.was panicking a bit as i didn't know what i had to do next.i think someone said i had 33 days from the date on the court claim.it was dated 29th october so that takes it to 2nd dec.but on the back of the court claim it says you have 5 days from the date on the front.that would make it the 6th dec.i hope i'm right but if not could someone let me know.

thanx again

dazza

Edited by dazza3956
more info

hi.

had a letter from the court today.it says:

i acknowledge receipt of your defence.a copy is being served on the claimant(or the claimants solicitor).the claimant may contact you direct to attempt to resolve any dispute.if the dispute cannot be resolved informally,the claimant will inform the court that he wishes to proceed.the court will then inform you of what will happen.

where he wishes to proceed ,the claimant must contact the court within 28 days after receiving a copy of your defence.after that period has elapsed,the claim will be stayed.the only action the claimant can then take will be to apply to a judge for an order lifting the stay.

when i filled in the form online it didnt ask for any defence ,only that i was making a defence.what copy of the defence can they send to capquest if they haven't had the defence yet?

please could someone advise on the next step.

thanx again

dazza

When you acknowledged online, did you print out a receipt when prompted,

Something must have gone wrong here, we need to try to find out what has happened

The possibilities as i see it

1 the court has inadvertently sent out the wrong notice

2 you have completed the wrong form online

3 you were out of time to acknowledge so the software assumed you were defending (instead of just acknowledging).

Either way you need to phone the court, find out whats happened and ask if you can still file a defence, and how long have you got.

yes i printed a receipt when filled in court form.

ok i have one of those in front of me,

Summary details

claim number xxxxx

response type AOS

Does yours have that?