Letter Sent

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6540 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is my second post.

I have read the FAQ's section and couldn't find the answer.

I have sent my DPA off yesterday (15/03/06) to my branch via recorded delivery.

I only found out about the £10 charge a few minutes ago whilst reading the FAQ.

Do I send the letter again with a cheque for £10?

Is there a template letter for this?

Many thanks

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sned it again

templates are in the library

Well, the bank I suppose. Ask them

well I sent mine on 3rd March have heard nowt......but have sent them a couple of reminders... next letter will be one telling them I have made an official complaint to the Information Commissioner... :wink:

Halifax - DPA sent 03/03/06.

Prelim Letter - Sent 27/03/06 ignored.

LBA sent 10/04/06 - Ignored

Moneyclaim filed - 26.04.06

Acknowledgement received 3rd May. Halifax state they intend to defend.

Halifax Settled in Full - 17 May 2006

If you've found this post helpful, I would be grateful if you could click on the 'Scales of Justice' button in the top right corner of this post.

well I sent mine on 3rd March have heard nowt......but have sent them a couple of reminders... next letter will be one telling them I have made an official complaint to the Information Commissioner... :wink:

Thanks for your reply.

Today I received a letter which reads...

ROLL NUMBER X/XXXXXXXX-X

DATA PROTECTION ACT DISCLOSURE REQUEST

Dear Mr XXXXXX

Thank you for your letter requesting information relating to your above account.

As your request is for specific data, it can be dealt with by HBOS on an informal basis and therefore I return your £10 cheque.

I have ordered statements to arrive at your home address within the next 2 weeks from 7th May 2003 to present day. In respect of any manual intervention on your account, I have ordered account reports to investigate this and will supply this information by 24th April 2006.

If you need any more information, please contact us.

Please quote the roll number on all correspondence, as it will help us give you a better service.

Yours sincerely

XXXX XXXXX

Manager

Is this letter a standard issue one to buy them more time?

I had requested statements from March 2003 as this is when the account was opened.

24th April 2006 is when their 40 days are up.

What do I do now - the cheque has been returned to me?

Do I send another letter?

ROLL NUMBER X/XXXXXXXX-X

DATA PROTECTION ACT DISCLOSURE REQUEST

Dear Mr XXXXXX

Thank you for your letter requesting information relating to your above account.

As your request is for specific data, it can be dealt with by HBOS on an informal basis and therefore I return your £10 cheque.

I have ordered statements to arrive at your home address within the next 2 weeks from 7th May 2003 to present day. In respect of any manual intervention on your account, I have ordered account reports to investigate this and will supply this information by 24th April 2006.

If you need any more information, please contact us.

Please quote the roll number on all correspondence, as it will help us give you a better service.

Yours sincerely

XXXX XXXXX

Manager

Is this letter a standard issue one to buy them more time?

I had requested statements from March 2003 as this is when the account was opened.

24th April 2006 is when their 40 days are up.

What do I do now - the cheque has been returned to me?

Do I send another letter?

so they still have approx a month to respond?... if they don't respond after that you can report them to the IC.

Halifax - DPA sent 03/03/06.

Prelim Letter - Sent 27/03/06 ignored.

LBA sent 10/04/06 - Ignored

Moneyclaim filed - 26.04.06

Acknowledgement received 3rd May. Halifax state they intend to defend.

Halifax Settled in Full - 17 May 2006

If you've found this post helpful, I would be grateful if you could click on the 'Scales of Justice' button in the top right corner of this post.

so they still have approx a month to respond?... if they don't respond after that you can report them to the IC.

Thanks.

I'm wondering if they've sent the cheque back because they want to say that they didn't receive payment for the DPA request

They have acknowledged your request and said they would do it FOC. If it comes to a complaint, send a copy of that letter with it.

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

It looks very full and cooperative to me.

If they were all like this there would be very few problems.

Of course, let's hope that they are as good as their word.

Thank you both for your replies.

I've kept a copy of everything I've sent and received.

I have statements for March and April here - so won't be a problem working out the charges.

In respect of any manual intervention on your account, I have ordered account reports to investigate this and will supply this information by 24th April 2006

The 24th April 2004 is the 40 day for them to reply.

You need to calculate the total charges that have been applied to your account during the last 6 years.

you can do this using the spreadsheet which will also calculate the 8% interest you can claim if you have to get as far as the small claims court.

Simply enter the details of the charges and the date incurred into the spreadsheet and it will calculate the total you are asking for.

You need to calculate the total charges that have been applied to your account during the last 6 years.

you can do this using the spreadsheet which will also calculate the 8% interest you can claim if you have to get as far as the small claims court.

Simply enter the details of the charges and the date incurred into the spreadsheet and it will calculate the total you are asking for.

Thanks for that!

I've been through my statements manually (will put the results in the spreadsheet later) and worked out that Halifax have charged me £446 in charges

On the last statement I have a problem though, the balance was -264.34(due to charges), interest was debited at 0.44p bringing the balance to -264.78.

Halifax paid in two lots of £264.78 and later reclaimed £264.78 bringing the balance to 0.00

There was an interest adjustment of 3.76 credited to the account and then debited on the same day.

Do I claim for £446 or some other amount?

I'm really confused now.

Thanks in advance

I've been through my statements manually (will put the results in the spreadsheet later) and worked out that Halifax have charged me £446 in charges

On the last statement I have a problem though, the balance was -264.34(due to charges), interest was debited at 0.44p bringing the balance to -264.78.

Halifax paid in two lots of £264.78 and later reclaimed £264.78 bringing the balance to 0.00

There was an interest adjustment of 3.76 credited to the account and then debited on the same day.

Do I claim for £446 or some other amount?

I'm really confused now.

Thanks in advance

full thread here

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6540 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks